GENERAL TOPICS > The Shootin' Range

What else do you shoot?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Doc Shapiro:
Only one game?  I dunno.  I think I would burn out on whatever it was after a while and have to find something else to do.  That's one of the things I like about shootin.  So many choices!

Doc

SIR WILLIAM:
I began with Bullseye.  I shoot PPC.  I like bowling pin shoots.  I may get into vintage battle rifle shooting.  I tried IPSC.  Too much ego from the other shooters.  CAS is easy and laid back.  I enjoy talking, smoking and shooting.  I am not into the competition much,  if at all.

Sergeant Smokepole:
I use to shoot PPC, IPSC, IHMSA, IPA, Bullseye, Bowling pins, cans etc. Now, if it can't be shot with The Holy Black, I don't shoot it (except for trap).

Advertising:

Sidewinder Sills:
At the Escondido Fish & Game Club where I shoot with the Escondido Bandidos, we share the range with combat style shooters. I have no idea what IPSC and the rest of these shooting sports are, but one of my pards shoots this combat style as well. I am going to give it a try next month. Doc, I've been following your threads on other boards regarding the troubles you were having staying interested and that is what prompted me to give it a shot. I will be shooting my stock, un-modified Beretta 96 in .40cal

I have hesitated to try this as it was purchased mainly for defense prior to my getting into CAS. I shoot it probably 3 times a year now. My concern is, will this screw up my style now that I have adjusted to SA pistols? I am just getting my times competetive and don't want to go backward in CAS, as that is my primary shooting focus. Do you have any words of wisdom to impart? Prior to my involvement in CAS, semi-autos were all that I shot except for an old .357 magnum I was given.

I may or may not shoot combat on a regular basis. It looks like a lot of fun but I haven't decided if I want to reload another caliber. Getting crowded in my reloading area. And the way they do those speed dumps, they blow through a good amount of ammo. Thanks in advance.

Sidewinder~~~~~

Doc Shapiro:
Sidewinder, shooting is shooting!  Make sure your grip is solid and that the gun doesn't shift around between shots.  And don't forget that little thing on the end of the gun.  Use your sights.  Good fundamentals carry over. 

Doc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version