CAS TOPICS > Shooter's Meeting

Question about shooting glasses

(1/2) > >>

Will Pluggum:
If you don't have to wear glasses to see, this post isn't for you.  Problem.  I have to wear glasses to focus on the front sight.  If I wear bifocals, I'm tipping my head back when I shoot in order to get the magnifying (lower) part of the lens lined up with the sight.  Same with transition lens.  Very uncomfortable.  If I wear reading glasses I can't see when I'm not shootin, everythings a blur, I don't need glasses past 3 feet.  I keep swapping between reading and regular safety glasses which is annoying and against range rules while firing is going on.  What  works best for you at the range?

Dogwoman:
Don't know if this helps you or not.

I went to my eye doctor, showed him the distance I needed on the rifle and pistol sights and he set up my no-line bifoocals for that range.  They work GREAT.

The middle of the transition lens is set up for the rifle/pistol sights. The lower is for reading, and the upper for long distance.  I've had no problem since I got them.

JimWild:
I had the doc set my progressives up the same way. Head level front sight in focus.... works like a dream.

JimWild

Advertising:

Will Pluggum:
Dogwoman and Jim Wild...I didn't know you could have glasses made like that.  Thanks very much, you just handed me the solution to my problem......Pluggum ;D ;D

Bill Mc Call:
Have the same problem Will, you ' ve ask the question, we got both an answer to our needs  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version