CAS TOPICS > Gun Reviews

I was confident

<< < (7/7)

LongWalker:
I just don't see any of these--the monstrosity from Standard or even the fantasy guns--taking the place of Hillberg's COP 357 derringer. 

These things were like a Mossberg Brownie that grew up, or a sawed-off Lancaster.  Striker-fired DA, 4 shots, and at one time custom-made speedloaders were actually available (from a guy in Nevada IIRC).   Weight was around 28-30 ounces, and nicely balanced for use as a skull-cracker.  Carried nicely in a coat pocket too. 

I had one for a while, it was actually much better than the press reports would have you believe.  Infinitely better than the High Standard derringer it replaced. 

Edited to add: I think, since it was used in Blade Runner, it would qualify for the Space Aliens Shooting Society.

Edited again to ask, "Why does everyone want to shoot Aliens?  Are we running out of Cowboys??"

David Battersby:
Dual 22mag in a snubnose?  That has got to be one loud revolver!

Major 2:

--- Quote from: LongWalker on April 17, 2021, 11:22:47 PM ---I just don't see any of these--the monstrosity from Standard or even the fantasy guns--taking the place of Hillberg's COP 357 derringer. 

These things were like a Mossberg Brownie that grew up, or a sawed-off Lancaster.  Striker-fired DA, 4 shots, and at one time custom-made speedloaders were actually available (from a guy in Nevada IIRC).   Weight was around 28-30 ounces, and nicely balanced for use as a skull-cracker.  Carried nicely in a coat pocket too. 

I had one for a while, it was actually much better than the press reports would have you believe.  Infinitely better than the High Standard derringer it replaced. 

Edited to add: I think, since it was used in Blade Runner, it would qualify for the Space Aliens Shooting Society.

Edited again to ask, "Why does everyone want to shoot Aliens?  Are we running out of Cowboys??"

--- End quote ---

Probably,  Someone somewhere has their panties in a wad over it....

I mean with " Indigenous persons" , all upset there no "Cowboy's VS Indians or redskins any more

Employee's of the Bovine industry & " Indigenous persons" or or First Nations

and now it is no longer illegals'  or  illegal aliens  its  "undocumented" persons

But alas the thread drifts ....
The subject is  hair brain butt ugly designs or those so abstract they come full circle to cool  I:E Steam punks  ;D

Major 2:
Quite possibly ...the end all  BUBBA !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version