Author Topic: May be moving to Austin  (Read 5064 times)

Offline Wild Horse Hans

• Active citizen
  • I hate Pinkertons
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
May be moving to Austin
« on: April 26, 2011, 08:25:05 AM »
Pards I might be moving to Austin soon. Just wondering if any local pards could recommend places to look for a home to buy with enough land for our 3 horses. Say up to 40 miles to the North of the city or so. Thanks much for any info. Hope to see you fine Texas folks real soon!!!
There is no better view of the world than from the back of a wild horse
BOSS #205

Offline Shotgun Franklin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: May be moving to Austin
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 11:48:36 AM »
Austin is the most liberal part of Texas. No matter where you buy be sure to check deed restrictions and if all possible avoid being in an area with a Home Owners Association. You might look out toward Buda or north of Buda.
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 06:39:50 PM »
KEEP AUSTIN WIERD!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:40:35 AM »

Offline Pancho Peacemaker

• NCOWS Texican Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #3120, SASS #75813
    • Pancho's Videos
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 10:50:04 PM »
Austin is a nice town with lots of good recreation and good food to eat.

The university there (UT) is well known for having a very politically liberal view, and Austin has come to share that reputation.  Fortunately, the majority of Austin, outside the university are good ol' conservative Texans.

Austin is a 'hot spot' for tech job growth, so most suburban land is selling at a premium.  North of Austin (Round Rock area) is some high-dollar residential and comercial real estate.  "Everybody" wants to live in that area.  If you need to move there, you will pay a pretty penny for land.  If you get up further up north to Georgetown, you will get out of the Austin "urban sprawl" situation.

East and West of Austin will probably be your best bet.  The West side of Austin is in the Hill Country, which is one of the prettiest parts of the state.   A few towns to look at:  Buda (as noted above), Dripping Springs, and Marble Falls (very pretty scenery, but a longer drive).
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Offline Shotgun Franklin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 11:17:13 PM »
You know, I've been to Austin probably a dozen times as an adult and been in some kind of traffic accident nearly every
 time. It's like I have a target on me. Twice I managed to escape and one of those times I was pulling a horse trailer.
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Offline Wild Horse Hans

• Active citizen
  • I hate Pinkertons
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 09:18:09 AM »
Thanks for the help gents. I want to be in the sticks as much as possible. May be working at Samsung if all goes well so even the plant is NE of the city. Ill look around towards the West and North West and see what I can find again, thanks for the help.

BOSS #205

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 2770
  • NCOWS #: L-168
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 11:04:46 AM »
I have been working in Austin for the last year.  Going west toward Mable Falls, there seems to be a For Sale sign on every other gate, but you need to bring BIG MONEY.  If the Samsung plant is NE of Austin I would look up towards Georgetown or Salado.  Driving thru Austin on a daily basis will cause you to get old early.   Land is high no matter where you are around here.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Offline Wild Horse Hans

• Active citizen
  • I hate Pinkertons
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 12:05:00 PM »
Thanks. Been looking up that way today as well as to the east. Found a couple in Dale that look promising. Enough land, ponds on the property and facilities for horses. Now I just have to get the job. LOL!
BOSS #205

Offline Jake MacReedy

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 05:07:36 PM »
Hans, I live out in Bastrop County, about 40 miles east of Austin.  The Samsung plant is about a 35-40 minute drive from where I live, which is quite a ways out in the sticks!  We have 52 acres with cattle, horses, etc.  There's plenty of land available out our way, in both Bastrop and Lee Counties.

Regards,
Jake

Offline Wild Horse Hans

• Active citizen
  • I hate Pinkertons
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 08:35:22 AM »
Jake,
Thanks much. That is the area I have been checking out the most. Found a couple possibilities around that area. The drive is no big deal. I do about an hour now and to be where I can have my horses at home makes the drive worth it.
Ill keep looking and hope everything works out.
Thanks again!
BOSS #205

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com