Author Topic: Got Ripped off By a Dealer, need advice PLEASE  (Read 2409 times)

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Just taking one day at a time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Got Ripped off By a Dealer, need advice PLEASE
« on: September 13, 2008, 09:17:42 AM »
I wasn'tsure this is where I should post, but maybe you folks can help me out!
I did a search for a Lyman 438 scope, i found one on a High Dollar Selling site, most likely some of you have bought off this site!
 I look at this posting of this scope, it is a lyman 438 with extenal ajustments, brass barrel with a lite pintea to it, got a hold of the Dealer, who has a buiness selling posting collector and dealer in Antique Firearms. i sent him a money order, and in about a week I get my scope, i open the box and here is a drab green painted scope, even thought it looks close to the shape of a LYMAN 438, there is no marking, no nothing! So I nicely emailed the dealer and ask him if he had sent me the wrong scope, his reply was if you don't want it send it back and I will refund your money!
 So if I return it, I don't know if he will even pay me, and I will be out the $15.00 shipping!1 
 I want the scope that I bought that was in the posted picture!!

Please tell me how to handle this!
Do I have any recourse?

I would be very great fullfor any and all advice!
Thanks ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Got Ripped off By a Dealer, need advice PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 09:57:16 AM »
You didnt state what website you bought the item on.  That might help us help you.  Some sites have buyer protection built in, but you must follow the rules.  For example some items are sold with a 3 day inspection right.  If you dont put it in the mail before 3 days are up you could be out of luck.  Check the sellers ratings to see if he has complaints.  How did you pay for the item?  Was it a credit card, personal check or money order?   Personally,  I would send it back asap since that is what he told you to do.  Once you get the money back minus the shipping, you can put a negative review on the fellow. 
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com