Special Interests - Groups & Societies > The American Plainsmen Society

2012 Plainsmen Encampment and Shoot in Eastern Kansas

(1/11) > >>

Caleb Hobbs:
Trap:

I'm moving your information to the top to make it easier for folks to respond to. Thanks for taking this on. I'll be in touch.

Original Post: I am looking at putting on a TAPS event. The first thing that has to be done is to set a date. The KVC is putting on the GAF grand muster the first week in Oct. so that is out. I am looking at either the wknd of Sept 22 or 29. The KVC will also sponsor the event so the event will have insurance. If you are at least 50% sure you will be able to make the event, let me know which of the two dates would be best for your schedule. This would be a Thur. eve to Sun. timeframe.

Wahkahchim:
Forgive me, but what is TAPS?

What is KVC?

And what is GAF?

Thanks.

Trap:
  The American Plainsman Society
   Kansas Vigilance Committee  (NCOWS posse)
   Grand Army of the Frontier

Advertising:

Caleb Hobbs:
I mentioned this on another thread, but should probably reply here, as well. Barring something major, I'll be there. Any of the dates mentioned so far works for me.

Trap:

Sept.20-23 set-up Thur. pm ok.

This will be a time period camp (if it ain't period, it don't show) and shoot. Trade blankets welcome. Shoot will be a plains walk
     type, Prepare for 25, rifle, 5 pistol. Rifles must be pre 1865, flint or percussion. Spencer & Henry rifles ok. Pistols may be                      
     ML or pre '65 percussion revolvers. You may also have to preform other plainsman skills, be prepared. Period dress Required.

Camp and shoot fee will be $30, Additional immediate family member shooters, $5. Also this will be a blanket prize shoot so bring        
   a period correct prize of at least $20 value for each shooter.  
    Wood will be available for scrounge. If drought conditions are present we may require fires be in a container. fire buckets required  
   in each camp. Outhouse will be on site by noon Fri.
    Eye and ear protection to shoot.

Location: From intersection of I-35 and US 75 (Approx 40 mi south of Topeka KS) Go 5 mi. south on 75 to 22nd rd. Turn West.  
    Go 5 Mi. to Homestead Rd. Turn South, go 2.5 mi. gate on right side. Sign will be at the gate.

To register: send check to John Torrence, 2723 Emmer Rd. Lebo KS. 66856
   I will post registrations on this site. If I do not have at least 8 registrations by Sept 8, event will be cancelled and checks returned.
   Also anyone registering after that date will be charged a $10 late fee.          

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version