Author Topic: P 37 Webley Holster  (Read 1851 times)

Offline smoke

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: P 37 Webley Holster
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2022, 09:43:52 PM »
RSJ....take care of your self first.  These other things are just some fun stuff that can wait.

GAF#379

Offline smoke

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2022, 09:45:18 PM »
Major 2...PM me your address or email it.  The system does not seem to like my pm's. ???  I keep finding them un-sent.
GAF#379

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2022, 10:33:21 AM »
If you are sending the uniform, please let me know when I might expect it.

I have an email from, allegedly  Fed-X saying they have a package and I need to call for delivery.  ???
I don't have any packages due
I believe it is spam, as it not the first time.
when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 07:30:33 AM »

Offline smoke

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2022, 11:14:31 AM »
Not shipped yet.  Tomorrow or Monday. 
GAF#379

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2022, 11:53:10 AM »
Thank you, Sir....

I have received this same "you have a package " email several times, I've seen it from Fed-X and DHL  ::)

I also get " you have won " or you have gift cert. $$ at , Walmart, Target, Ace Hardware and Home Depot.
either SCAM or some kinda con .

And then there is the,"you may be eligible for a $2000 Senior Stimulus" or the 4th Senior Stimulus ...     ::)

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2022, 04:03:10 PM »
Thank you, Sir....

I have received this same "you have a package " email several times, I've seen it from Fed-X and DHL  ::)

I also get " you have won " or you have gift cert. $$ at , Walmart, Target, Ace Hardware and Home Depot.
either SCAM or some kinda con .

And then there is the,"you may be eligible for a $2000 Senior Stimulus" or the 4th Senior Stimulus ...     ::)

I get those too. Phishing expeditions.
Of late been getting a lot of official looking e-mails from various banks alerting me that they've had to freeze my online account due to multiple false log-on attempts, and please click here to confirm your account information. I never knew you did not really need to have an account with them before they alert you . . .  ::) ::)
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline RattlesnakeJack

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2022, 05:33:56 PM »
I never knew you did not really need to have an account with them before they alert you . . .  ::) ::)

Those phishing scams are world-wide of course.  Easy enought to recognize the ones coming from a bank or purported credit card you don't even deal with, but of course the fact that such institutions have traditionally told us they will never communicate about our accounts by email is the main reason to ignore such things … usually!

A number of years ago, I got an email allegedly from American Express or the bank carrying my American Express credit card account, stating it had been compromised, yada yada …  I chuckled to myself, thinking: "Well at least a scammer managed to send me an email about an institution I actually do deal with, for once" … and then ignored it and a few follow-ups, of course.  At the same time I was getting phone calls from a "no caller ID" (or 1-800 … can't recall which) phone number.  It is our practice to ignore such calls, on the basis that if it is a legitimate caller, they'll leave a message … but no messages were ever left, which is par for the course for such a suspected "telemarketing" call or the like. Finally, one day a call comes in on the land line from this suspicious number … which I again ignore.  However, a minute or two later, my cell phone rings … with a call from the same number!  OK, seems highly unlikely a scammer or marketing bot would have both numbers adjacent to each other in their system … so maybe I'd better answer this, after all!  Turns out the emails were legitimate, as had been the earlier calls … my American Express card had been compromised!

There had been a transaction in Ontario for $250 at a liquor store, followed soon after for another for $750, then an attempt to buy even more liquor.  That card had a modest limit on it, which the third purchase would have exceeded, so it would not go through, and their computer was flagging these transactions anyway, so the card was suspended.  Since I had my card in my possession, the chap on the phone said; "OK, that means we are dealing with a counterfeit card, because these transactions are logged as 'card presented'." 

Very little further conversation was needed to pin down where my data was likely stolen to create the counterfeit.  This was a credit card I got through Costco, and had only ever used there ... but that was the year of the GAF Muster in Texas, when Roger and I made our epic trek there via the Oregon and California coast. (Yikes, I see that was way back in 2010 … time flies!) Someplace along the way, at a business that did not accept my main Visa credit card, I had used the American Express card … the only purchase I had ever made with it outside Costco, to that point in time.  Chap confirmed that appeared to be the case as he looked back through my account records, and said that should make the follow-up investigation very easy … they cancelled the charges on my account, of course, and issued me a new card …  (They were sophisticated enough to know they were counterfeiting a Canadian credit card, and thus sold the counterfeit in Canada. I used the card so seldom that I hadn't noticed it was suspended.)

Anyway … that's my tale about such apparent scams not always being a scam!  To complete the GAF connection in this otherwise irrelevant post, here is a "Mutt & Jeff" photo of you and I taken at that 2010 Muster, my friend …
 ;D

Rattlesnake Jack Robson, Scout, Rocky Mountain Rangers, North West Canada, 1885
Major John M. Robson, Royal Scots of Canada, 1883-1901
Sgt. John Robson, Queen's Own Rifles of Canada, 1885
Bvt. Col, Commanding International Dept. and Div.  of Canada, Grand Army of the Frontier

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2022, 05:52:25 PM »
And what fine examples of martial manhood they be . . .
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com