Author Topic: CIMARRON EL MALO II  (Read 418 times)

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
CIMARRON EL MALO II
« on: January 20, 2024, 09:27:04 AM »

Well Heck.  Whilst perusing the boards this AM., I suddenly realized I had not provided a report on my Brandy Darn'd Knew Suppository Shooters (Yes, I'm cheating on my Cap Guns - Again).

Fell off the wagon and just had to have a pair of Cimarron's Pietta built El Malo II in .45 Colt.  Three and a Half Inch OCTAGONAL Barrels, Low Wide Hammers and Thunderball Grips.  I have lusted for a pair for a couple of years.  Finally in stock.

As "Out of The Box" timing is perfect.  Lock-Up is tight and perfect.  Head Space is right at .0035 and End Shake "isn't."  Pietta has a new Main Spring that is more attuned to CAS competition and I don't think I could improve on it.  These guns are some SMOOTH!!

Now for the Ugly.  After lusting after them, I could not break muscle memory to use the low wide hammers.  They just don't work for me and I replaced them with Stainless Pietta stand up hammers from my parts stash.  Those gorgeous thunderball grips just DO NOT fit my hands and had to go.  Replaced them with a set of regular Plow Handle Navy pattern grips from my parts stash.  I was going to use Army pattern grips but didn't want to cut the triggers to fit the Army grips.

Bottom line is I am SUPER PLEASED with this pair of guns.  Now for the Spring Thaw.  I wanna go out and PLAY wid 'Em!!!!

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
Re: CIMARRON EL MALO II
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2024, 01:52:15 PM »
Seen pictures on the web CF, how about some of yer modified EM II's. Nice lookin revolvers, barrels a tad short for me, but still nice lookin.
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2024, 09:51:07 AM »

:)  Crow Choker  ;)

Absolutely love to.  But.  However.  Gonna be a while.  I'm currently on Mouse Safari and not co-located wid the sample examples (drat).  Stay Tuna. 

And We'll hope I remember to do so.  Understanding I have the memory of a Gnat.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:56:59 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com