Author Topic: Indian War Great Coat Arrived  (Read 1763 times)

Offline cpt dan blodgett

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS Conv 2013
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Indian War Great Coat Arrived
« on: November 20, 2014, 07:32:37 PM »
Got this from Milk Creek last week.  Does not show in photo but there are 2 rows of braid indicating CPT Rank on each sleeve

Dirty Billy made the 1872 Shako with the 76 Cross Rifles.
Queen of Battle - "Follow Me"
NRA Life
DAV Life
ROI, ROII

Offline Charles Isaac

• Grand Army of the Frontier
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Indian War Great Coat Arrived
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 08:07:28 PM »
Lookin' good Cap'n!!! :D

Offline Quick Fire

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 08:40:41 PM »
Milk Creek does great work. I've had them make me a butternut shell jacket and a Berdan's Sharpshooter outfit for my son in the past. Right now they are in the process of making me a pair of mounted trousers.

Quick Fire
QuickFire                                 Lt. Colonel, Division of Nebraska                                                                                                                                                                          GRAND ARMY of the FRONTIER                                                         
NCOWS 1717

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:21:43 AM »

Offline cpt dan blodgett

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS Conv 2013
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 02:56:29 PM »
Indeed Quick Fire

Have her working on my Confederate Infantry Uniform as we chat.   Probably will not get a Confederate Great Coat, running out of room and can always wear the one I took of a yankee captain along with the 1850 foot officers sword I wear
Queen of Battle - "Follow Me"
NRA Life
DAV Life
ROI, ROII

Offline Bruce W Sims

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 09:39:59 AM »
I really admire folks with that sort of dedication.

I've just gotten back a heavy suede coat with a sound wool lining. The size was an XXL and I take
a L. The idea was to have the coat tailored down to make it a sort of suede Mourning Coat that can be worn over
a sack coat/vest/shirt combo circa 1875. I am also on the lookout for period pant of duck material and hopefully
with the buckle in the back or the buttons for the braces (IE. suspenders). For the coat, I am haunting the Thrift stores,
Goodwill and the Sally to find a nice heavy wool sack coat with some miles on it. An important goal is to NOT look
like I just stepped off a page in one of those catalog pages with everything nice and neat and tidy. Getting that used "care-worn" look is a bit of a challenge, though. FWIW.

Best Wishes,

Bruce
Best Wishes,

Bruce

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com