Author Topic: Fall creek Hardee Hat  (Read 1666 times)

Offline cpt dan blodgett

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS Conv 2013
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Fall creek Hardee Hat
« on: July 13, 2011, 12:54:55 AM »
The Fall Creek Sutlers 1858 Officers Hardee Hat with 6th Infantry Hunting Horn arrived Monday.  Was out of town until today.  2nd or 3rd Step on assembling a CW Full Dress uniform.   Shoes covered, also have the dark blue 1858 trousers, may decide to get the light blue.  Still need the company grade CW frock coat 9 button single breasted.  The 6th infantry Captains Epaulettes, will end being the most expensive part of the uniform.

Had Leta from Coon Creek convert an inexpensive CW Field grade coat into the 1872 Captains frock coat at winter range.  She also got me squared away with the proper dress belts and 6th infantry Captains shoulder knots,  Has taken since WR to get those shoulder knots. Buck made me up an 1881 spiked infantry dress helmet.  Not sure if that was the slowest part of the project or not but was not in any hurry and had told Coon Creek that as well.  Items arrived full 6 months prior to when needed so am a happy camper.

Guess the word did not make it out to the Arizona Territory that I should have taken the cuff braid off my coat in 79.  Either that or we just did not replace serviceable items until worn out.  Think Geronimo ambushed and burned the wagon bringing the 79 pattern coats.

By rights I should not still be carrying the actual CW era 1850 foot officers sword, but... (got it cheaper than a high quality repro)
Queen of Battle - "Follow Me"
NRA Life
DAV Life
ROI, ROII

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com