Special Interests - Groups & Societies > BOLD Chambers

First duty pistol

(1/19) > >>

Wiley Desperado:
My first duty pistol  was a model 28 S&W, 357 mag with about a 4 5/8" barrel.  No speed loaders, they hadn't been invented yet, I don't think.  Carried twelve extra rounds in a slip on bullet holder on the right front of my sam brown. 
wiley  ::)

FloraBama Kid:
Don't remember the model, but mine was also a S&W .38 Special with about a 4 5/8" bbl. Carried 6 extra rounds on the belt; I too was awaiting the invention of the speed loader. ;D

After a couple of years keeping it cleaned and oiled, I had it nickle plated.

If I remember correctly, we couldn't carry a .357. ???

Capt. Jack McQuesten:
WD,

This is a great post.......it sure takes me back some years. My first duty gun was also a Smith & Wesson "N" frame, Model 28,  Highway Patrolman. Again, this was in the days "Pre-speed loader", so I carried my extra 12 rounds in 6 round Bianchi speed strips. We were issued full house .357 magnum rounds back then and they were screamers!!!!!!

Talk about a "Big iron"......that gun was sure a major piece of steel. This was when the smaller, "K" frame, Model 19's were coming out and everyone had to have one of those. I stuck with my Highway Patrolman until we were allowed to switch to the higher capacity semi-auto handguns for duty use....

Advertising:

Brazos Bucky Smith:
My first duty weapon was a Colt "Trooper", .357, target grips & hammer (big hands).  Purchased new long ago for the steep price of $50.00! Sorry to say the guy offered me a "Python" for $75.00 but I could not afford it. :o

Still have that weapon in my gun case! ;D

Texas Lawdog:
My first duty weapon was a blue Model 19 Smith with a 12 round loop on my belt. By the time the speed loaders came around I was carrying a Model 39 nickel plated 9mm.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version