Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Shotguns

Cimarron Coach Gun

(1/2) > >>

bigborefan:
I recently purchased a Cimarron 12 ga Coach Gun 20"barrel. I've never seen anyone mention this before but has anyone who owns one ever noticed that the two barrels have a fine line ahead of the chambers on the outside of the barrels completely circling both barrels as if the barrels are pieced together at the chambers end? Is this normal? I've never seen this before on double barrel shotguns unless the better blued shotguns hide this . I know these were made in China so they probably do things differently there but piecing barrels together seems awfully strange to me.

Shotgun Franklin:
That's where the barrels are inserted into the chambers, or visa versa. I did have one heavily used gun come apart at this seam. My old 311 does seem to be one piece. I'm guessing it's cheaper to make'm as inserts.

bigborefan:
Thanks. for replying. I just got off the telephone with Cimarron and was told that this was normal in a lot of shotguns. It's just with a better bluing job, it's not as noticeable. He also claimed that one of these models was sent to England for barrel proofing and one of the tests was to fire 20 ga shells in each chamber and fire both barrels at the same time. Only damage was to the stock which split with no metal damage. Good enough for me if true.

Advertising:

Abilene:

--- Quote from: bigborefan on October 24, 2013, 10:29:16 AM ---Thanks. for replying. I just got off the telephone with Cimarron and was told that this was normal in a lot of shotguns. It's just with a better bluing job, it's not as noticeable. He also claimed that one of these models was sent to England for barrel proofing and one of the tests was to fire 20 ga shells in each chamber and fire both barrels at the same time. Only damage was to the stock which split with no metal damage. Good enough for me if true.

--- End quote ---

You may have misunderstood about the test .  The "12/20" test that was done on the gun was to drop a 20 gauge shell into the chamber and then load a 12 gauge shell behind it and then fire it.

All three of my SxS guns (a pre-Cimarron TTN, a Turkish Liberty II hammered, and a Baikal hammerless) have the lines around the barrel where the chamber meets the barrel.

bigborefan:

--- Quote from: Abilene on October 24, 2013, 11:21:15 AM ---You may have misunderstood about the test .  The "12/20" test that was done on the gun was to drop a 20 gauge shell into the chamber and then load a 12 gauge shell behind it and then fire it.

All three of my SxS guns (a pre-Cimarron TTN, a Turkish Liberty II hammered, and a Baikal hammerless) have the lines around the barrel where the chamber meets the barrel.

--- End quote ---
That makes more sense than what I said. Thanks for clearing that up. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version