Author Topic: Super Single Six or Rimfire Vaquero  (Read 4798 times)

Offline Patriot49

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Super Single Six or Rimfire Vaquero
« on: March 08, 2006, 05:47:26 PM »
I am trying to find out if the Super Single Six comes in a High Polish Stainless, or if that finish is only on the 22 Vaquero?
Any ideas?

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: Super Single Six or Rimfire Vaquero
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 05:31:33 AM »
Must be a new model.  I've never heard of a .22 Vaquero.  ??? The Vaquero frame has always been a centerfire.

However, there have been stainless .22 RF Single Sixes for a long time.  Almost since their start, I'd reckon.

But you can try the Ruger Firearms site.  It has a real neat search by feature, caliber, etc system.  Maybe there ARE some new ones out!!!

Good luck, Patriot!

Mustang Gregg
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 09:25:33 AM »
Below is the link to the Single Sixes at Ruger.
http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/FAProdResults?function=famid&famid=14

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:41:58 PM »

Offline Crooked River Bob

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Active citizen
  • SASS #: #26199
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 08:40:59 PM »
I have heard of a .22 Vaquero, but I think it was a limited production run.  I've never actually seen one.  Ruger has made high-polished stainless .22 Single Sixes with fixed sights at a couple of times in the past.  I have one purchased several years ago shortly after they went out of production.  About two years later, Ruger started making them again, but I think they have been discontinued once more.

Davidson's had a limited run of polished stainless Single Sixes with a Bisley grip and 4-3/4" barrel at one point, and I did see one of these on our range.  It was an interesting gun but a little bottom heavy, if you know what I mean.

The polished stainless Single Six with fixed sights is a nice .22.  It is all stainless, which makes it a bit heavier than the blued versions with the alloy grip frames.  It has the full-sized XR3-RED grip and uses the same size stocks as the standard Vaquero, but the mainframe is sized for smallbore cartridges.  I have never handled one of the .22 Vaqueros, but I suspect they must have been pretty dang heavy, if they really existed.

Crooked River Bob 
"Should have kept the old ways just as much as I could, and the tradition that guarded us.  Should have rode horses.  Kept dogs."

from The Antelope Wife

Offline Frenchie

• "We have met the enemy, and he is us." - Pogo
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Photo by Julio Zangroniz @ "September Storm", 2007
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 12:52:48 AM »
I have an Old Model three-screw Single Six with the two cylinders and I just plain love the thing, holster wear, chipped paint on the grip frame, and all. It feels more natural in my hand than anything I've fired since I sold my 70 Series Combat Commander... 'scuse me, be right back... (sounds of head banging on wall accompanied by shouted, "WHY did you SELL that GUN, you MORON!?!?...)

Okay, I'm back, just had to pop a couple Tylenols. So like I was saying, the Ruger Single Six is, IMHO, one of the great classic handguns of all time, right up there with the Combat Commander... 'scuse me again... (repetition of sounds...)

Gotta go lie down now...
Yours, &c.,

Guy 'Frenchie' LaFrance
Vous pouvez voir par mes vĂȘtements que je ne suis pas un cowboy.

Offline Cyrille

• Top Active Citizen
  • "To sing, to laugh, to dream, cock my hat, or gun"
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 01:24:04 AM »
I have a single-six .22 caliber stainless in the Bisley configureration it was  my first Ruger firearm, the cylinder has scroll work on it.
 but it is RF and thus not a "Vaquero." Both my "Vaqueros" [old models] are in diffrent centerfire caliber.
CYRILLE...  R.A.T. #242
"Never apologize Mr.; it's a sign of weakness."
Capt. Nathan Brittles {John Wayne} in "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon."

"A gun is  just a tool. No better and no worse than any other tool----- Think of it always in that way. A gun is as good--- and as bad--- as the man who carries it. Remember that."
                                                   Shane

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com