Author Topic: Coffee and Tea hotter than a June Bride  (Read 9512 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Coffee and Tea hotter than a June Bride
« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2022, 08:06:46 AM »
Sleep pattern is all messed up, no big deal, meds and odd routine will do it,  Planning on getting to where I get up about  8 and go to bed about midnite, slept yesterday afternoon and didn't go to bed at ahttps://www.cascity.com/forumhall/Smileys/cowboys/wink.gifll early, was going to bed about Midnite every day at the hospital and getting up 3-4 and staying awake till breakfast and lunch plus PT and sleeping a couple more hours.

Brown Butthead dog was so glad to see me, took a 3 hour nap and clung to me was not happy with me last night, kept staring at me from the coach and sometimes going to the door, flipped me off and slept on the coach last night and won't look at me.  Well too bad buddy. got the home heath nurse coming in about 8:30 and it's off to the bedroom for you.  And also just the two of us till after dark.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4669
« Reply #101 on: June 25, 2022, 11:34:07 AM »
Del, really good to hear you're home and on the mend! You have been missed around here. As the saying goes "Vaya con Dios". Praying for you here.
On our way out in a minute 95 here already, did not shoot today, it is supposed to hit 106! Yikes, anyway, got a new Opentop to pickup, grab some groceries and the postcard, then back home to the AC. Thank God we had a new HVAC system installed last year, I shudder to think what the utility bill would have been with the old one, even if it had survived this heat wave.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #102 on: June 25, 2022, 06:42:39 PM »
I was quite surprised; it seems Post Cards are apparently a thing of the past... :-\
I remember everywhere you went, there was a revolving rack of picture post cards ad-nauseum .

I tried Friday at Walgreens, 7-ll, Walmart even Winn Dixie and Publix in my town ...Nope & nope  ::)
I'd would think in the vacation/tourist Mecia that is this area, I'd see them out the Ying Yang, and NOPE!

Course the Museum is about 5 miles from Disney World, and the tourist traps.
 Bingo! found a cache of some in one of the Disney Kitch joints....
I will be sending it to Jonathan 1st thing in the Morning.   

when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

« Reply #103 on: Today at 06:24:07 AM »

Offline DeaconKC

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: June 25, 2022, 07:31:17 PM »
I ran into the same thing, no postcards to be found. Gonna try a couple more places Monday.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: June 25, 2022, 07:47:48 PM »
Prolly find them everywhere in Branson... :-\

I suppose text messaging, emails, and social media was the death nell for Post cards as we knew them  :-\

I addressed my card and will take it to the PO this morn.

Johnathon- Room 830
  The Children's Hospital of Birmingham
   1600 5th Avenue
    South Birmingham, Al 35242.   

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2022, 02:19:49 PM »
Card is in the drop box are the PO  :) :) :) :)

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #106 on: June 26, 2022, 06:10:47 PM »
Evening all.

85 and muggy at 0200 in Africa today.

Del, glad to see you’re still on the plucking side of the daisy patch,  ::)

In other news, I’ve taken on a new project in my journey as an author. I’ve begun work on a new book about the 2018 Carr Fire in Redding, CA. I was very involved in that incident, as a resident, first responder, and knowing many people that lost homes and businesses. I want to create a critical record of it all, covering all facets of the fire. I especially am wanting to touch on the fatalities that occurred, as pre-research they all appear to be preventable. In any case, that’s what I’m getting started on. I hope to get in contact with John N MacLean, who has written several books about fires (his father Norman also wrote several books, including A River Runs Through It), as well as being a fellow Missoulian.

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #107 on: June 26, 2022, 07:27:59 PM »
A  very good friends grandson is in need of help. I got this note from her.

"He just turned 18. He was born with half a heart. Has had 3 open heart surgeries. He was told about 2 weeks ago that he was going to need a pace maker, but he doesn't have the part of the chamber that you normally connect it to, so they were assembling a team in Birmingham to figure it out. Yesterday the heat got to him so they took him to the ER where they found he was in A fib and low Oxygen so they transferred him to Mobile.

He was airlifted to Birmingham this afternoon. Johnathon arrived safely to Birmingham.Doctor's called and requested to do a cardiac conversion ASAP, they are going to incubate him."

Update From my friend...

Johnathon is in Room 830 at The Children's Hospital of Birmingham 1600 5th Avenue South Birmingham, Al 35242. Drs are attempting to keep his oxygen saturation level. This weekend the plan is to keep him resting since the cardioversion to bring him out of A fib. On Monday, they will determine if he is strong enough for the open heart surgery that week to install a pacemaker. If successful, he will need to stay another week or so. Best case scenario. Please get the word out to anyone who believes in the power of prayer and healing. Thank you.

If I was to have any Heart surgery there is only two hospitals I would go to UAB  of course and Cleveland Clinic.

Prayers for your friend

And sending additional prayers to the Coosie.

Another one of the original coffee group told me today, getting old isn’t for wussies
Mathew 5.9

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #108 on: June 27, 2022, 12:52:28 PM »
Afternoon y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

Got home from Newbrasskey 'bout 0030. A good time was had by all.
Slept 11 hours, today.

'Tis 70 and sunny. High of 75.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: June 27, 2022, 03:41:40 PM »
Looking forward to seeing the photos & videos. :)

Offline DeaconKC

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: June 27, 2022, 04:34:27 PM »
Wow, temps dropped some today, thank you Lord. Hit 84 and light breeze. Lady C gave me a haircut this morning, she does a really nice job. Ballgame for our g'niece tonight. You guys have a good one.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: June 28, 2022, 07:05:27 AM »
Morning y'all.

'Tis 59 and sunny. "Mostly sunny in the morning then becoming mostly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 70s. West wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: June 28, 2022, 10:46:35 AM »
I'm up, a good chance of not doing much today, got a pan and a few dishes that need done, will do them while wife is gone, maybe will get a gold star.  Some laundry needs done am forbidden by the powers to do it or at least do it when no one is home, something about basement stairs, probably would be fine but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,   There is a stack of papers about 4 inches tall on the chair by my desk I need to go through and decide what is what, most likely not needed, several giving them permission to take pictures of things like bruises, rashes and such.   Was a lot of bruising and such when I arrived at rehab hospital from blood draws and moving IV's around because with antibiotics they don't last long, inside the arms was looking like one big bruise from wrist to elbows.  Day I left they finally put in a pict line above the elbow in the right side.  That developed a rash all around it, was not sure if it was tape, antibiotic allergy or what, also had one on the back of the top of my butt, in the plumber crack region and then on my shoulders.   They changed the bedding and put a notice about only using sheets washed in Ivory, guess they was some in house as well as patients laundry if they want, no charge, of course I did. ;D

Sheets took care of that one, shoulders they removed the pain patches and went back to tablets and all heal.  Pict line area never went away till after it was pulled when I was going home.   I think it was the tape stuff but have to deal with it because there is very specific dressing that comes with it you have to use, can add other over if needed but have to leave the clear window so you can see it, and to have to change places require loading me up and hauling back to hospital. They are picky about who puts those in and out.  So they pumped me full of IV Benadryl through the line. Helped keep it under control and from previous experience I knew everything you see is not real ::)  Glad I didn't like watching TV, dang lizards (small ones)  kept coming out the back and going down the wall and into my closet. ::)  Other strange things, one day Riley was hiding in the closet and would peak out at me once in a while.  Talked to the people standing by the bed that weren't there, Rita saw that when she was there, guess my eyes were open.  Also if I watched something on the tablet if I looked up it was sometimes projected on the wall for a short time.  As they were able to back the pain meds and the Benadryl off it got better. 

The time from when I got to the ER at the hospital was a big blur for the most part I got there and right away the checked vitals and asked a few questions and put in a line and gave me  mix of 3 pain meds ad a muscle relaxer and got me some what under pain control and took either an X-Ray, MRI or something similar maybe more than that, by then I was not real sure of what was going on or really cared.  They finally decided to keep my over night at least, not sure what else they would have done.  Sometime the next day they came and the culture they took said staph so they moved me to another room and proceeded to give me stuff through the IV, and I don't remember much of that, they were always calling Rita telling her what was up, probably me to but no idea.

I do remember calling my Mom at 2:30am thinking it was 2:30pm and scaring the hell out of her. ::)  Also developed hic-ups that ended up lasting 2 weeks and nothing help but cold tonic water or mineral water cold on ice, and that for just a short time.  Beyond that I remember very little at the regular hospital.  When I left there after 9 days I still could not walk, was only able to make five steps on day 8.

They did have the white count to normal, fever also and decided it was at least mostly out of my system and shipped me up the road.   They kept the antibiotics going till the day I left, 44 from the day they hauled me away till I got home and day 35 in Tabatha. Getting better by the day, still not worth a crap. But getting better.   
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #113 on: June 28, 2022, 11:44:00 AM »
I heard from my friend that Jonathan had surgery this morning and isn't doing well, Please continue your prayers for him and his family.They are needed more than ever now.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline DeaconKC

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: June 28, 2022, 11:46:58 AM »
Those kind of infections are ROUGH! Glad you made it. Get your strength back, enjoy decent coffee and kiss you Lady regularly.
Major, praying for Jonathan here.
Got a notice for Jury Duty so gonna go up to the Circuit Clerk's office today, as I am retired Law Enforcement. In Illinois, they just excused you right off, as no defense attorney will let you on a jury. I will find out if Arkansas is the same way. Anyhow, still a bit cooler today, but will start heading back to normal low 90s later in the week.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: June 28, 2022, 12:04:42 PM »
Several years ago, I was called yearly for jury duty. I would request an excused service as my work had me   traveling out of town.
I lived in St. Cloud, Osceola Co. and travel to ....eh! well, Orlando in Orange Co. most defiantly out of town...
They never asked, where or questioned it....
Now, I'm exempted by age if I desire it...I do   :)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: June 28, 2022, 01:15:53 PM »
I was excused about this time in 2020 because I said it didn't seem to do because of my recent heart surgery and the Drs. telling me to not go nowhere except an real important t
 one and they 'scusd me.

Actually got into the jury  selection pool for one in 2015.  Defense lawyer didn't think I was suitable because I eve seen him point at me as soon as they got in their huddle. Guess he didn't want a 30 year sober guy on the jury, probably didn't think I would be fair and listen to the BS, I would, I would, and he was guilty, college kid, hit a parked car downtown early Sunday morning and blew almost twice the legal limit because it was plain as could be the meter was off. ;D

Got a appointment with Heather the Heart Nurse what ever they call between a nurse and a Dr.  tomorrow, canceled because I was still in the regular hospital about May 15th.  Might be interesting because I normally am down a pound or two and I weighed 250.2 on my digital scale here and was about 275 last time in her office mid April.  Also we was going to see if I had another breathing type disease and we needed to work the angle of whatever I was having wasn't getting knocked down with the Z pack anti bug pill.  Looks like we might have been right. ;)

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: June 29, 2022, 07:05:09 AM »
What, where is everyone at it's morning.   ;D

All those years of pretty much being on second shift I seem to have switched while gone, not sure if it will last because it makes no difference.

Riley is not happy, he glares at me, gets up and goes to the couch, glares at me and goes back to sleep till about 10.  Poor guy has lived that schedule most of his life.  Often don't go to bed with me ad someone let's him in later.

Do tend to nap in the afternoon if nothing is going on. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: June 29, 2022, 07:08:40 AM »
Morning y'all.

Rained yesterday evening.

'Tis 55 and overcast. High of 80.

Slim

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: June 29, 2022, 07:40:04 AM »
Fixin to get dressed and head into the museum work 20

Grabbed a pair of UNO pocket (think Hot Pockets size) samishes for lunch, they are not 1/2 bad  :)
Sorta of an Italian shaved beef and pizza dough thingy.

Oh yeah ! got a 'ol "man style hair cut yesterday  ::) read that as short ! and trimmed the beard short too.
being its summer and all

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com