Author Topic: New Chippa Spencer  (Read 716 times)

Offline barkerwc4362

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New Chippa Spencer
« on: April 08, 2022, 04:13:52 PM »
Picked up an Armi Chippa 1860 Spencer off of Gunbroker.  It appears to have never been fired.  Unlike most I have seen it is all blue.  There is no case hardening on it any where.  It shoots very nicely at 50 yards with the RCBS 350 gr bullet and 23.5 gr IMR 4227.  I had to adjust the sights to the left a bit to get it to shoot on line.  Trigger is nothing to write home about.
Bill

Offline El Supremo

• kevintinny@hotmail.com
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: New Chippa Spencer
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2022, 05:10:00 PM »
Thanks, barkerwc4362:

Congrat's on your Armisport Spencer and thanks for the photo's.
The all-blue aspect is new to me.
Any chance the seller can confirm it came that way, please?  Thanks.

El Supremo/Kevin Tinny
Pay attention to that soft voice in your head.

Offline barkerwc4362

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2022, 08:19:44 PM »
The comment was that it was a "blemished"? firearm.  I can find no proof markings on the receiver I see on other 1860s.  Could the proof marks be under the forearm?  There are no importer markings on the top of the receiver.  The follower is black plastic and does not have a indentation on the end.  I guess I could reach out to Chippa to see what they say.  It shoots really well with the RCBS bullet.  I need to cast some of 1-30 to load with black powder.  The bore by the way is .516.  I see a lot of individuals sizing to .512.  I bought a .518 sizer die from S & S.  Up to this point I have been shooting the bullets as cast.  They cast .518 - .520 out of my pistol bullet alloy.
Bill

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:07:01 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com