Author Topic: Ivory grip Question.  (Read 4001 times)

Offline Colt45

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ivory grip Question.
« on: February 09, 2005, 08:01:08 AM »
Howdy everybody!

Are there any Cowboy Shooters who juse ivory like grips on there handguns,I like too buy me some to my own cattleman but I need help with a small question.
-What company have the best ivory lookalike handgrips.

-And are there any picture gallery on the CAS CITY page,there people can look at others wardrobe,guns and stuff.

-And what type of guns do you like to shoot whit.Colt saa,Uberti,Cimarron,Emf,Ava,Ruger please sheare this with me.

-I like Colt and Uberti type,all 7,5" barrels and cal.45lc ju bigger the better do I think.

-The best revolver are the Remington 1875 44-40 saa,What do you think

-And the Wincheter 1873 and 1876 repeter rifle are nice and a nice shortbarreld Winchester-97 pump shootgun.

-The best outfit a man can carry under a duster are 2. SAA 7,5" cal.45 in a crossdraw holsters and a 16" short doublebarreld shotgun.
Thats all for me this time.
Have a nice life and think like this when you walk true life.

-You dont change your gun if you are happy with it. :) :) :)
-You dont change your truck if you are happy with it. :) :) :)
-But your wife can you change any time. ;) ;) ;) 

Offline Micheal Fortune

• Top Active Citizen
    • Micheal Fortune
  • Liked:
Re: Ivory grip Question.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 08:47:38 AM »
Colt45,

Revolvers are a personal choice but it seems you have a good idea what you want.  I would suggest going to a match and shooting a little of everything before dumping down a lot of cash.

For wardrobe pictures I would start here:
http://www.cascity.com/posse/index2.shtml

Someone else will answer the Ivory grip question, all I can suggest is do a Google search.

I did want to mention that the barrel on your shotgun has to be over 18 inches, not 16....

Good luck with everything.
Saloon Keeper, Gambler, Shootist
Sun River Rangers Shooting Society / SASS 60159 / R.O.-1 / SBSS 1685 / G.O.F.W.G. 89 / RATS 58 / KGC 4 /

Offline Qball

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 10:10:25 AM »
Howdy Colt 45.
Try Midway sweden they got some ivory grips.
http://www.midwaysverige.com/sverige/ebrowse.exe/browse?categoryid=10195&categorystring=649+***+668+***+662+***+10198+***
WartHog
SCORRS
SootLord
STORM

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:37:09 AM »

Offline Capt, Woodrow F. Call

• Vice President of SWS Norway.
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Grenland Gunslingers
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 12:26:05 PM »
Howdy everybody!

Are there any Cowboy Shooters who juse ivory like grips on there handguns,I like too buy me some to my own cattleman but I need help with a small question.
-What company have the best ivory lookalike handgrips.

-And are there any picture gallery on the CAS CITY page,there people can look at others wardrobe,guns and stuff.

-And what type of guns do you like to shoot whit.Colt saa,Uberti,Cimarron,Emf,Ava,Ruger please sheare this with me.

-I like Colt and Uberti type,all 7,5" barrels and cal.45lc ju bigger the better do I think.

-The best revolver are the Remington 1875 44-40 saa,What do you think

-And the Wincheter 1873 and 1876 repeter rifle are nice and a nice shortbarreld Winchester-97 pump shootgun.

-The best outfit a man can carry under a duster are 2. SAA 7,5" cal.45 in a crossdraw holsters and a 16" short doublebarreld shotgun.
Thats all for me this time.
Have a nice life and think like this when you walk true life.

-You dont change your gun if you are happy with it. :) :) :)
-You dont change your truck if you are happy with it. :) :) :)
-But your wife can you change any time. ;) ;) ;) 

Howdy Pard.

I have used Ajax Custom Grip for my Schofield Wells Fargo 45, and for me....it is to slippery for me, :-\ but they are very nice made, :)
 the best one for me, is Eagle Grips, the are more heavy then Ajax in weigth, but it is a question about what you you like( light or heavy, they have the same color, ivory**  8) they both is made in US. ( i use today, Eagle Grip on my Colt 45  8) )

PS* bye grips how are bigger then you can work it out until it fit's your gun ;)

Best Regards

Smokey Lonesome
SWS # 1014
Grenland Gunslingers # 0001
Cowboy Mounted Shooters Norway #005
'The Cowboys' Trail Riding Society of Telemark 2009. # 003
Member of The Chuckwagon society, Sweden.

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 01:59:42 PM »
Howdy!  I realize you posted in Feb. and I'm posting in April.  Whoops!

Some of the other posters have given you good tips on guns and their favorite ivory look-alike grips.  If you're still looking, you need to give TruIvory a look-see.  They are at least double and maybe closer to triple the price of the others, but from what I've seen, they beat all the others - hands down.  Go to:  www.truivory.com

If you want REAL elephant ivory, well ... prepare to mortgage something.

Something that is real ivory but still legal is Mammoth ivory.  Most I've seen shows its' age and is very cracked looking, but it's real and not as expensive compared to the elephant ivory that was brought in before the ban.  Still, Mammoth ivory is still pretty expensive and kinda makes that TruIvory price look better and better.

No, I don't have any affiliation to Bar-S grips.

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Col. Riddles

• Top Active Citizen
  • Whar's thet dadblasted Yankee?
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 10:21:47 PM »
www.gripmaker.com is the place to get some excellent imitation ivory or stag grips. Lots of styles to choose from too.
God answers knee mail † ><>
BOLD
SCORRS
SASS 7462 Life

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com