Author Topic: Cawfee Tea an Beer Brats fer October  (Read 126595 times)

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Cawfee Tea an Beer Brats fer October
« on: October 01, 2013, 12:21:40 AM »
That warm tater salad with hot bacon grease dressin aint bad either.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Cawfee Tea an Beer Brats fer October
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 06:05:06 AM »
No freakin’ coffee. Heck, no nothin'. Gotta date with a vampire.

Rats…………………
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 07:11:24 AM »
Arcey, I will gladly drink your share, so it won't go to waste.  I am having trouble waking up this morning. I know that Leo should having  birthday in a day or so and my birthday is on the 13th(66).
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:05:55 PM »

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 110
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 07:43:36 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 57 and partly cloudy. High of 81.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 07:49:27 AM »
Friday's dose of chemo kicked in yesterday & I spent the day & last night in the hospital getting iv fluids & nausea meds. No a good time at all. Feel a little better now, think I'll try some breakfast & might go home after this bag of juice.

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 07:53:09 AM »
Mornin Y'all
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 07:58:58 AM »
Stu, I hope you feel well enough to go home today. I hate being in hospitals, and I finger that you  don't either.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 08:24:05 AM »
I knew I could count on you, Tex.

Hang on, Stu. It could be worse. You could be in the Sentara system.

Second time I’ve gone to that lab ‘n no action. No orders from the doc this time ‘n he ain’t gonna be in today. They say call the office tomorrow.

Went in without it last time 'n the doc says ‘no problem go do it now.’ No fast – said it didn’t matter. Mattered to me ‘cuz the late sleepers were in by then ‘n it took o’er an hour.

Think I’ll call ‘n when I hear he’s ordered the lab I’ll reschedule the appointment. Ain’t spendin’ all mornin’ next Wednesday in that place.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 09:15:16 AM »
Hang in there Stu.

Well things are worse this time, The Library of Congress hosting site American Memory is down due to the snot nosed brats we are stupid enough to elect. 

Got these sucked off just before the site went off the air.  Seems Libby's don't make the good stuff any more. ;)

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 09:19:47 AM »
Never would have guessed there were so many varieties of canned tongue :P

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 11:24:52 AM »
You guys can have my part of the tongue.

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 11:29:29 AM »
Think I'll pass. It's prob'ly not as nasty as I think, but right now wouldn't be a good time to try it. One more bag of fluids & I can go home - it'll be about 2:00 then.

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 11:33:43 AM »
Well, BOOOO-OOOO-BOOOO!   Come the end of the month, anyhow.  In my family Halloween started early 'cause my Dad's birthday was the thity first and he liked to whoop it up; jokes and pranks all month long.

Howdy, folks, glad to see all are still percolating.  Speaking of percolating, thanks for the cawfee, e'en though it was not offered, only beer; maybe later for the beer.

Been keeping the good thoughts running for those who need them.  Sorry about your Dad's difficulties Slim, I hope they settle down and he can live the rest of his life in relative peace and comfort; I will keep your family in my thoughts.  Stu, I was hoping you would not have the ill effects of that chemo, even though I know most folks do.  Mrs Hairyman was very fortunate in her dance with it, the only thing she suffered was the loss of her hair, her crown you might say, and not being able to gain any weight, although that was not much of a thing for her since by the time she go out of the hospital after her near miss, she had attained her pre-marrying weight of 98 pounds; she was almost happy about that.  Hope your schnoz is getting all healed up, Arcey, and the vampire saga gets sorted out.  I went to the suckers last week, and they took nine of those big tubes out of me; then I went to get my "MAN" shot, and before they shot me, they stuck me and took five of the tubes worth out of my arm, same one the other vampire had used.  Got the results yesterday - textbook, except my A1C was up a bit.  Sigh!!

We have been slogging along, heads down, leanin' into the harness, tolerating the Docs and their pokin' and gougin'; making some headway after a fashion.  Mrs. Hairyman will be done with her radiation sessions next week, and glad of it; it is finally getting her down, although she doesn't let it show very much, she is quite uncomfortable from the burns.  My gut exams were a mixed bag; colon is fine, but stomach is a problem, seems I have a serious case of gastroparesis, along with chronic gastritis - doh!  No wonder I always feel kind of queasy.  Trying to sort it out with some liquid med that, so far, just gives me the gut rumbles, and a terrible methane emission problem.  Oh well, another day, another dollar to somebody.

I am studying for my Technicians Class Amateur Radio Operators License, used to be called Novice - Ham radio; just something to do to try to flex my brain a bit.  Been spreading our time between our granddaughter's sports; Bella is playing softball this year, and is doing quite well, seems to have a sort of natural feel for the game.  She didn't care much for the soccer she played the last two years, but Devin, on the other hand, seems to like soccer.  I just wonder if it is not because her stepmother is the coach, though; sometimes I get the feeling she would be just as happy to lay by the pool and be a glamour girl.

Reading about the ballast resistors took me back a few years, and I do think the consensus is correct; I even carried two of the things wrapped in a rag in my toolbox; I had a couple of friends who had Crashler vehicles and would always call on me when they couldn't get them to run.  Often as not the problem was that resistor.  It's funny how the different makers vehicles seemed to have peculiarities like that; with GM, it was points and condenser, until they came out with the HEI, then it was the module inside the distributor.  I never fooled around with Ferds enough to get to know them very well, but it seems their idiosyncrasies were more often fuel system related.

Well, daylight's burnin', Baby Bro and spousal unit are in town for day or two for her semiannual gambling fix, so he and I will be spending the day together.  Guess I'd better get to movin'.

Y'all take good care.

Later.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2013, 11:44:08 AM »
I never fooled around with Ferds enough to get to know them very well, but it seems their idiosyncrasies were more often fuel system related.

Seems like the carbed V8's when it was cold was to start pumping and then when your leg got tired turn it over while pumping.  Was that way at least with any pick-up I dealt with that didn't have a manual choke.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2013, 03:03:50 PM »
I seen 800000 non essentials were sent home.  Yeah 800000....hey elected officials what's that generate in dollars? That also means there is at least that many sitting around complaining there is no one to do their work for them.

The highways were just as jammed as any  other day...i think they have lied to us once more.

DEL, I'd have some that tongue with some brown mustard on some of your bread

Mathew 5.9

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2013, 03:56:52 PM »
October Fest...
Don't forget the Pumpernickel Bread,  cold Limburger Cheese with a touch of dark mustard, and served with hot Brats on the side with a good dark Pills beer.
I am not Germanic, but that is a good feed. ;)
My best,
  Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline mestiza letty

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2013, 04:05:36 PM »
Howdy October !!

Nice fall day high of 77 with a breeze at 25 mph from the SW. Lows will get to 46.

I'm with 'Roo make 2 of those sammiches please !!! I need somethin' to load in the lunch box to "creep out" those zombies I have as co-workers....

Good 'ta hear from you Hairy, glad your wife is feeling a little better..... Stu, hang in there...saw my granny tough that out too, NO FUN.
National parks across the nation told the visitors to get out, have a friend with the BLM (cattle grazin' rights) now on furlough...her hubby really screamin'

Wish we could just flush that Congressional cess-pool & start over
Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2013, 04:46:13 PM »
They had the National WW2 memorial  in New Orleans barricaded.  A group of WW2  vets wanted to visit, they crossed the barricades and were allowed to visit.  You gotta respect a group of men in their 80s and 90s for defying the NPS barricades. They have earned that right. I just wish that I could have been there and entered with them.

Offline mestiza letty

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2013, 04:49:39 PM »
Good for them !!! Bet that story isn't on the national news  >:(
Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2013, 05:23:39 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com