Author Topic: Where's Forty Rod?????  (Read 49532 times)

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Where's Forty Rod?????
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2009, 10:45:37 AM »
Ain't been around for a spell because I been cleaning up electronic vomit.  My computer puked its guts all over my desk.

I have this $3500.00 set of iMac computers and accessories that Santa brung me and had Verizon FiOS installed last Wednesday.  The dang system hasn't worked very well from the beginning and this FiOS crap just kicked in the head.  I'm reduce to the humility of using the dial up system at the local Senior Center.

I've give Verizon and Apple ultimatums.  Pray for me.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2009, 10:52:37 AM »
Glad to see you, sorry about the pewter.  Ignore the message I left you this mornin' since we now know yer OK. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2009, 01:33:09 PM »
I know howw frustratin' those computers can be. I've got two laptops that have minds of their own. I've got AT&T DSL service. It seems to work fairly good. I went from MSN dialup to the DSL.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #63 on: Today at 07:23:38 AM »

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2009, 01:48:23 PM »
Had the Verizon FiOS installed a week ago yesterday. It puked yesterday. Once I got thru the Verizon tech assistance menu ‘n gottah live person, she got me back online in a few minutes. This time it wasn’t an English as a second language employee.

Thanks, Jo. Ya did good.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2009, 02:34:43 PM »
Arcey, I know what you mean. I had that problem with AOL.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2009, 02:42:06 PM »
We got Internet Nebraska only problem we had was Rita managed to unconnect it by accident.  Got someone who speaks the language well.  One reason we went with them, there help folks are here in Lincoln.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2009, 02:59:27 PM »
We have Comcast DSL here.
The few times I have called the help line it was to Northern VA never New Delhi.
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2009, 03:08:08 PM »
You're lucky Bro. Sleep!

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2009, 03:08:42 PM »
Good ta see ya back 40.  Seem ta recall teasin you an Daniel bout them macs awhiles back.

AOL is a tool of the devil.  Likes ta use a lot of CPU resources and is loaded with useless add ons.  Once it's in the machine ya aint gonna get it all the way out without problems occuring.

As far as tech support goes, I gave up on callin any of em.  When ya get ta the point where ya realize you know ten times more than the guy whose supposed ta be helpin ya...
An I don't know that much.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2009, 03:17:51 PM »
Called Verizon three times. Don’t know where the first gal was but we had a fit talkin’. I hung up ‘n called back hopin’ I’d get someone else. Got her again. In fairness, she fixed it. That was when I had DSL.

Got a regular guy the second time but he was stumped. Alex fixed it in a few minutes ‘n couldah told me what ta do o’er the phone. That’s when I bought this’n ‘n, again, in fairness, the folks I bought it from couldn’t figure it out ‘n it was as simple as turnin’ the firewall off.

Jo knew what she was doin’ ‘n no trouble talkin’ to ‘er. It’s just the twenty questions thing ya gottah play with the damned ‘bot ta get thru ta a person what pisses me off.

Can’t remember once havin’ a problem when I was on Mindspring dial-up I ever had ta call ‘bout.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Sir Charles deMouton-Black

• THE ANCIENT SUBSTANCE ENDURES - ALL LESSER PROPELLANTS SHALL FIZZLE
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 407
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2009, 03:20:38 PM »
Welcome back Furlong. Or is it 110 fathoms?
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2009, 03:22:41 PM »
The only problem I had with dial-up was the fact that it was too slow.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2009, 03:35:34 PM »
Slow but it always werked fer us. Had two phone lines ‘n DSL was cheaper o’erall. That ‘n Alex was beatin’ me ‘bout the head ‘n shoulders ta switch.

Am startin’ ta see the FiOS stuff is faster for some sites. She’s lovin’ the HiDef flat screen ‘n the DVR. Reckon it was werth the effort as it took care of the b’day ‘n Christmas..

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2009, 03:46:51 PM »
I’ve had DSL for over 6 years now.  When I first got it I was working for Nevada Bell,(then SBC then ATT) and was kind of a guinea pig (I was a System programmer after all).  I was out past the distance that we were supposed to support, but it worked well 90% of the time. Once they put a repeater in I’ve never had an outage, either in the apartment where I started with it or in the house we have now.  (They are only about 1.5 miles apart.)
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2009, 04:56:13 PM »
I hate computers.  I truly do.  >:(
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2009, 04:59:57 PM »
Well to get this thread which was intended to go off track back on track, here is a picture of the buckaroo's that took over litl rooster's job and forced him to become a sheep herder. (Should have added a shepards crook.) ;D

And feel free to detour this at any time. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2009, 05:01:18 PM »
I hate computers.  I truly do.  >:(

Yeah, but look on the bright side, it gave you an excuse to hang around the Senior Center all day.  BTW, did you win anything playing bingo? ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2009, 05:06:50 PM »
Well to get this thread which was intended to go off track back on track, here is a picture of the buckaroo's that took over litl rooster's job and forced him to become a sheep herder. (Should have added a shepards crook.) ;D

And feel free to detour this at any time. ;D

Careful Del, er get replaced by the Pea Soup Andersen guys.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2009, 05:10:08 PM »
The Senior Center scares hell outta me.  First two questions I was asked the first time I went in there were "What's your name" and "are you married"? 

You ever been mugged by a herd of little blue-haired widder women?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2009, 05:23:22 PM »
The Senior Center scares hell outta me.  First two questions I was asked the first time I went in there were "What's your name" and "are you married"? 

You ever been mugged by by a herd of little blue-haired widder women?

That ain't bein mugged that's straight bein hit on.  YOU DA MAN!!!

Roland Deschain

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com