Author Topic: Has anyone had dealings with Gun Broker.com?  (Read 9225 times)

Offline Jubel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Has anyone had dealings with Gun Broker.com?
« on: October 16, 2005, 04:19:07 PM »
I think I'm about to buy a Uberti 1858 at a remarkable price. Lest I say too much and lose the item, how do I conctact the seller? I tried to contact today and they say too early?? The sale only lasts for one more day and no one has out bid or bid against me so ??? Can any one help me or explain what next?
Cousin we been ashooten at each other all day! How about we stop for a beer then we kin go home and get our axes. Or just as good, lets forget this whole dang feud, I'm agetten too old for this anyhow!

Offline Presidio

• Jack of all Trades
  • Top Active Citizen
  • One Riot - One Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Has anyone had dealings with Gun Broker.com?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 07:09:38 PM »
Jubel, I kin only surmise that you're on some bidding site like Ebay or somethin' similiar.  Do they have an out right "buy it now" option?

Do they have auto-notfier fer when someone else places a bid on it, so it'll send ya an email when they do?

If not, then yer jest gonna havta keep yer eyes peel and yer sights centered on target ta nail that Remi! ::)

Patience there, Pard..sounds like ya got it bagged already ;)

SASS # 40582 ~ BOLD H30 ~ RO I & RO II
Texas Regulators, Tomball, TX
Texas Historical Shooting Society, Columbus, TX

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 03:22:33 AM »
GunBroker is an online auction for guns and other gun rekated items. You bid the maxiimum amount that that you will pay for the item. The highset bid at the end of the auction gets the item. You will be notified by GunBroker email if you are the winning bid. You will also be notified by the seller. The sellar is responsible for giving the payment options. The sellar will have to transfer the firearm to a FFL dealer and the firearm has to be transfered to a FFL dealer of the buyers choice. The bidder does not have the winning bid until he is notified by GunBroker and the sellar.  I have used GunBroker as well as AuctionArms many times and have been completely satisifed.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:55:07 PM »

Offline Jubel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 10:40:43 AM »
Yes Presidio as Texas Law dog says this is an auction site. Good place to pick-up a deal on your favorite Cap N Ball or if'n ya have an FFL or a friend has an FFL good prices on new and used guns. Yes they have the buy now if you really like an Item. Thanks Ya'll for getting back to me. I'll wait till they send me my winner notice. LOL LOL
Cousin we been ashooten at each other all day! How about we stop for a beer then we kin go home and get our axes. Or just as good, lets forget this whole dang feud, I'm agetten too old for this anyhow!

Offline Presidio

• Jack of all Trades
  • Top Active Citizen
  • One Riot - One Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 07:22:55 AM »
Hey, Jubel!

Did ya' win that Remi?

Offline Trap

• NCOWS
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • John Torrence
  • NCOWS #: 851
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2005, 09:32:14 AM »
  Would some one PLEASE post The url here for both of these sites. We have a firewall here that won't let me in , but I can bypass it going through another site . THANKS ahead . jt
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

jiminy criquet

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2005, 12:12:08 PM »
I don't know what "both" sites you mean, as I only saw talk of gunbroker.com (ebay doesn't allow gun sales). Anyways, heres gunbroker.com (an auction-type site):
http://www.gunbroker.com

And heres another one, gunsamerica.com (an outright 'buy-it-now' type of site):
http://www.gunsamerica.com

I haven't used gunbroker.com yet, but I have used gunsamerica.com to get a used stainless 1858 for about $100, and a new Russian coach gun (Bounty Hunter II) for $200 or so.  Good deals.

I don't see why an FFL is needed for a percussion gun, as it's not required most places.  (Even here in California you can purchase percussion firearms over-the-counter with no paperwork and no waiting, pistols included.)

jiminy criquet

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2005, 12:25:47 PM »
Speaking of which, I just checked gunsamerica.com, and here's an original Beals .36 for $950.  Great deal.
http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976628821.htm

Also, some other original 1858's also for under $1000.
http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976601526.htm
http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976640564.htm

Just FYI, I have no stake in any of this.

Offline Jubel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2005, 07:20:02 PM »
Presidio, some joker beat me out at the last minute while I was at work. But not to worry Texas Jack hasbrand new Uberti 5 1/2 inch NMA's marked down to $209.00 Which is only $15.00 higher than I was willing to go on the used NMA. Me I couldn't stood it somemore I bought one. Mamma gonna think I won the auction lol lol done nobody tell ok?.

Offline Presidio

• Jack of all Trades
  • Top Active Citizen
  • One Riot - One Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2005, 08:36:02 PM »
Ah, she ain't gonna get a peep from me...do the same thing with my wife- "Hey Honey!  Look at whut I won today fer half the cost!"  Ya know what, she actually believes it, too. ::)

Sorry ta hear ya lost out on the Remi..some folks just ain't got no consideration fer others, but, sounds like a good deal on the new NMA's.  How 'bout a pic when ya git the chance?

Offline Smokin Gun

• "I Smoke Black Powder!"/ "Prefer an 1858 Remington"
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Preferred Shootin' Iron 1858 Rem
    • Black Powder Revolver Forum
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2005, 11:55:18 PM »
Jubel you just click on the Seller's name copy and past the email address and find out about it...I have bought a half a dozen great deal reves on Gunbroker and one can always make a deal if buy it now is posted or not. I'll put it this way i have never had to bid, a buy it now can always suddenly pop up. HeHe!

SG ;)
Mosby's Rangers
43rd Virginia Cavalry C.S.A.
SASS# 19634
http://blackpowdersmoke.com/oldcoots/index.php

Offline Jubel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2005, 12:25:20 PM »
Preisido, Smoken

My new pistola arrived today fast turnaround. It is a Cimarron Uberti very nice. There is no made in Italy, or black powder only, visable on the left or right side of the BBL. this is located under the rammer where it's not visable. Action feels slick as silk. If it shoots as good as it feels it will become one of my main match guns for sure.  ;D I can hardly wait for this weekend!!!  :P

Offline Smokin Gun

• "I Smoke Black Powder!"/ "Prefer an 1858 Remington"
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Preferred Shootin' Iron 1858 Rem
    • Black Powder Revolver Forum
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2005, 11:42:36 PM »
You can't beat a Uberti or a 3rd Generation Colt for a smooth action right outta the box and Ilike where they put the BP ONLY. My 1851 Navy Uberti is one a the smoothest I have had, didn't have to lay a stone on it. Nor my Corlt Dragoon smooth as they come and only says: "ADDRESS SAM COLT NEW-YORK CITY" on the back top of bbl assy.  If there are any 3rd Generation Dragoon owners out there, the R&D .45 Long Colt convertable conversions made for Uberti models work great in the Colt 1st thru 3rd models.

http://tinypic.com/esqi9z.jpg
Mosby's Rangers
43rd Virginia Cavalry C.S.A.
SASS# 19634
http://blackpowdersmoke.com/oldcoots/index.php

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com