Author Topic: Coffee for Hallmark Holiday Month  (Read 17130 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Coffee for Hallmark Holiday Month
« on: January 31, 2021, 09:46:23 PM »
Send a card, buy some candy hearts, catch a social disease, it's that month again. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
Re: Coffee for Hallmark Holiday Month
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2021, 10:40:36 PM »
Guess I need to post this here !   :-\

Well we could do that one and something else with the onion soup.  Thinking make the broth with some roast made into small chunks and leave them in the soup which the high society people don't do but gives us some meat also, a veggie and a cobbler would be great. 

Wanting to keep it very good quality food but want to make it a little easier on the cook, doing better everyday but may not be back to full speed by June and sadly may never make it back up to full.  Not that it matters but I think Jerry needs to get me a Handicap Parking sign. ;D   I am going to refuse to give up as long as i can.

That is the spirit

Actually, I make a stew with beef , either a chuck , rump or stew beef and onion soup , add carrots & mushrooms

you can add potato's ( I don't cause I'm off the carbohydrates ) but sweet potato works. 
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 10:44:29 PM »
And a nice chianti.
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:29:51 AM »

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2021, 11:33:04 PM »
Mornin Y'all, sitting here waiting on the evil white stuff, weather liars are calling for up to 24 inches with a storm that they "THINK" will stall over the lower Mid Hudson Valley for 24 hours or so, I'm hoping they're wrong and it passes quickly.Y'all stay warm.19 degrees at 12:33a.m.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 07:01:06 AM »
The front rolled through early this AM with moderate rain and well south of me now.
62° now may see 65° today , then guesser say 38° tomorrow early morn. getting up also Wed. & Thursday.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2021, 07:46:47 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are hot.

'Tis 2 and mostly sunny. High of 32.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2021, 08:17:49 AM »
Morning all.

28 degrees with freezing fog in Missoula this morning. Supposed to get to mid 30s.

Today’s plans are to clean a truck stop grease trap system, followed by pumping a broken septic tank so it can be replaced, and reinstalling a lift pump in a system that pumps septage uphill to the city sewer.

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2021, 01:47:45 PM »
Got a call and given an appointment to get my Covid vaccine
(or Micro chip if you fancy the conspiracy theorists )  :-\

Hell ! I have a Smart phone , "They know where I am "  :o  anyway and will find me...to old to run to fat to hide !
besides I'm so "on the grid" I have the patterns on my back !

I get a Flu shot every year, even had the shingles vaccine , WTH might as well be part of the herd  ::)

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2021, 02:38:56 PM »
Started S**wing around 10:00 last night, still coming down, have some bands stalled right over the valley and it's coming down about 2 inches a hour. supposed to be that way until 6 or 7:00 tonight then taper off then stop around 10:00pm. will give a total tomorrow. I hate the cold and S**w!!
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2021, 04:34:52 PM »
Guess I need to post this here !   :-\

That is the spirit

Actually, I make a stew with beef , either a chuck , rump or stew beef and onion soup , add carrots & mushrooms

you can add potato's ( I don't cause I'm off the carbohydrates ) but sweet potato works.

A stew would be another day.  I think beef stew, corn bread and some sort of cobbler for a meal is required to get your Dutch Oven badge from Yuppie Scouts of America.  ::)  But you have to use the charcoal chat app on you I phone to do it. ;D   Oh and buy a dutch oven cooking for Yuppies book because the Betty Crocker ones won't work in a dutch oven. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2021, 04:39:57 PM »
Morning all.

28 degrees with freezing fog in Missoula this morning. Supposed to get to mid 30s.

Today’s plans are to clean a truck stop grease trap system, followed by pumping a broken septic tank so it can be replaced, and reinstalling a lift pump in a system that pumps septage uphill to the city sewer.

—TK

Here in Lincoln they installed the sewage plats at two of the lowest levels in town.

Nice day, going on a walk, parked clear in the back at the store despite to cripple tags hanging on the mirror.   Real air not through a mask felt good.  Rita can't drive yet she was worried about if I fell on some lazy persons unscooped sidewalk, told her I'd call 911, note the address and talk to which ever ambulance chaser follows us in.   A little irritated about cars unmoved on streets and walks not scooped, mine are done, had to pay someone but they are done.   
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2021, 05:51:03 PM »

Here in Lincoln they installed the sewage plats at two of the lowest levels in town.

Nice day, going on a walk, parked clear in the back at the store despite to cripple tags hanging on the mirror.   Real air not through a mask felt good.  Rita can't drive yet she was worried about if I fell on some lazy persons unscooped sidewalk, told her I'd call 911, note the address and talk to which ever ambulance chaser follows us in.   A little irritated about cars unmoved on streets and walks not scooped, mine are done, had to pay someone but they are done.

The city sewer plants are lower geographically than most of town. But a lot of the town is below the main sewer lines, and the septage has to be pumped to it.

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2021, 06:18:04 PM »
I'm back, it happened, the Ice Age they told us in the early 70's that would happen before 2000 was late, can go a little over a block and then I run into problems.  Don't understand, city has a law says sidewalks have to be cleaned with in 24 ours of storm ending, been 6 days, they used to send crews out and scoop them, charge for it at a high rate and fine you.  Guess they are afraid of offending people like with the cars on the street with snow on them yet. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2021, 06:57:23 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are hot.

'Tis 21 and overcast. High of 33.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2021, 05:54:29 PM »
We ended up with 18 inches of the evil white stuff, Spring can't get here soon enough.
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2021, 06:28:47 PM »
We're supposed to get 4"-8" starting tomorrow night into Friday morning.

Slim

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2021, 07:18:40 PM »
Freezing dense fog tonight and rain mixed with snow tomorrow.

Been running errands today, get tomorrow off. :P

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2021, 07:25:57 PM »
Forgot, came in after carrying in groceries and tested.  BP was 135 over 70 with a HR of 8r.  Want to call Heather the DR and tell her. ;D

Got some good wieners for supper, if Roo stops by don't tell him they are made with lamb guts. ::)   Wife wanted chili on hers, opened one of her cans of Hormels, got some of it on my finger, licked it off, never again, drinking iced tea to get rid of the taste.  Got Wolf with no beans for emergency but she likes that other stuff. :-X
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2021, 07:55:08 PM »
Wolf with no beans  , I had some just the other night with Little Smokies....was passably adequate.
Hormel is HEART BURN in a can , no mas ...ever !!!

So the Kid, will relate to this bit of "splendid" news  ::)

Seems my Septic system is TOAST ,  to meet code  :( I have to replace it...  the whole shittery  :o

No joy in Pooville

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2021, 08:09:33 PM »
Wolf Chili is the best.
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com