Author Topic: New guns since last we met  (Read 1508 times)

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New guns since last we met
« on: April 01, 2019, 07:20:18 PM »
Finally found a Uberti copy of the Sharps 1A ,22 "pepperbox" deringer.  Has the original box and I don't believe it's been fired.  Original cost was $34.95.  I got it for significantly more, but I'be been looking sine 1965.

I also picked up a Harrington and Richardson Ranger No. 2 in .32 r.f. in very, VERY nice condition with only the left grip broken.  They appear to be real ivory because when I put a red hot needle to the back of it it smelled of burned hair of fingernails.  Might be cellulose, but I don't think so.  I'm getting quite a collection of .32 and .38 rim fires.  I'd like to shoot them but the ammo costs way too much and I don't trust some of it.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3306
  • GAF #: 883
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 99
Re: New guns since last we met
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 07:21:04 AM »
Hey Forty,
I have never tried them, but I looked mighty hard at them for a potential option for me Grand-da's .32 rimfire J.P. Lower pistol.   Dixie sold a kit that used 22 primed cases and inserts to load your own rimfires.   I imagine it is still pricey, but the more you shoot the more economical it would be.   

Also, pictures my good man, we want to see them!.

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 09:09:05 AM »
Just want to fire them a couple of time to say I had.

Some day I'll learn how to take and send pictures, but us Luddites aren't quick to learn stuff.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:42:10 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com