Author Topic: Uberti/Beretta USA out of gun parts?  (Read 4435 times)

Offline Doug.38PR

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Uberti/Beretta USA out of gun parts?
« on: October 28, 2018, 12:04:37 AM »
Long story short:  I’ve had an 1873 Uberti Winchester Carbine .44-40 sent off since February.   Talked to local smith that sent it off today, Uberti told him that they are out of parts and are waiting for new parts from overseas (Italy) and have no idea when they will get them much less when anybody’s gun will be fixed.   

Is this typical?   What’s going on here?

Offline Johnson Barr

• Berger Sharpshooters, KVC, Blue River Regulators #129, Johnson County Rangers, GAF
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS Life, NCOWS Merchant
    • J Barr Texas
  • NCOWS #: L-173
  • GAF #: 830
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Uberti/Beretta USA out of gun parts?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 08:21:22 AM »
If you know the Uberti part number you need try checking with other Uberti parts stocking sites. Try: Taylors, Cimmaron Firearms, Dixie Gunworks, VTI and even Brownells stocks some Uberti parts.
"Peace is that glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"  -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 423
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 09:02:38 AM »
I'd suggest contact https://www.uberti-usa.com/ direct ( not 2nd hand info ) or call headquaters USA Accokeek, Maryland.
1- 800 264 4962

There is also VTI .... what is it you need ?  mail@vtigunparts.com or 1- 860 435 8068 , I always have good luck calling them.

I've even contacted Uberti in Gardone (Sue Lyons now retired ) and parts were mailed.

or is a warranty issue ?
There does seem to be a pecking order on guns sent to;

Stoeger Industries
Attn.: Service Department
901 Eighth Street
Pocomoke, MD 21851

Seems guns that were imported by Cimarron or Taylors and not Stoeger appear to be second banana.  :-\
when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:00:47 AM »

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 02:58:07 PM »

Doug38.,

POUS ONE to Johnson Bar and Major 2

Welcome to the world of Uberti guns and as well, other Italian Manufacturers.  I'll address Uberti first.  Uberti does everything in "Runs."  When Uberti is making a particular item in their catalogue, they do a "Run" of parts for that particular gun.  That is the only time they make specific parts.  When they (Uberti) run out of parts, you wait until the next "Run" of that particular gun.  I once waited THREE years for a parts order to be filled.

YOUR next step, is to follow the lead of Johnson and Major 2 and chase the needed parts from the other sources.  Taylors, Cimarron, Dixie, VTI, all those guys.  Best of luck in your quest.

PS:  Forgot to address your original questions.  Yes, depending on the phase of the moon ... quite typical.  Second question -  SNAFU.

Offline Doug.38PR

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 04:16:28 PM »
Doug38.,

POUS ONE to Johnson Bar and Major 2

Welcome to the world of Uberti guns and as well, other Italian Manufacturers.  I'll address Uberti first.  Uberti does everything in "Runs."  When Uberti is making a particular item in their catalogue, they do a "Run" of parts for that particular gun.  That is the only time they make specific parts.  When they (Uberti) run out of parts, you wait until the next "Run" of that particular gun.  I once waited THREE years for a parts order to be filled.

YOUR next step, is to follow the lead of Johnson and Major 2 and chase the needed parts from the other sources.  Taylors, Cimarron, Dixie, VTI, all those guys.  Best of luck in your quest.

PS:  Forgot to address your original questions.  Yes, depending on the phase of the moon ... quite typical.  Second question -  SNAFU.

It is a warranty repair.

I don’t even know what exact parts need to be replaced.  Could be the lever, could be the bolt, could be both, could be something else. (i addressed the issue here months ago on the Winchester 1873 room)

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2018, 08:19:30 PM »

BUMMER DUDE  :(

Offline August

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2018, 03:16:14 PM »
So much winning.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2018, 03:50:51 PM »
People won something ?

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1215
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2018, 04:18:54 PM »
People won something ?

Yeah, I did!  Yesterday at the end of the annual Regulators Revenge match with the Green Mountain Regulators, in the raffle I won this framed poster: https://tylergraceauctions.hibid.com/lot/79787-75268-5316/real-cowboys-shoot-colts-framed-vintage-poster/ that had been donated by Bronco Birnbaum (except on my poster, the grip is white, not black).  And I was shooting my 44 Spcl Colts in the match, so it was appropriate!  :)

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2018, 05:43:26 PM »
COOL ....

Offline Rye Miles

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 89
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 09:19:43 AM »
Doesn't this happen every year around this time?  ???
Northeast Ohio

God created man, Sam Colt made them equal

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 363
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2018, 09:50:10 PM »
I'd suggest contact https://www.uberti-usa.com/ direct ( not 2nd hand info ) or call headquaters USA Accokeek, Maryland.
1- 800 264 4962

There is also VTI .... what is it you need ?  mail@vtigunparts.com or 1- 860 435 8068 , I always have good luck calling them.

I've even contacted Uberti in Gardone (Sue Lyons now retired ) and parts were mailed.

or is a warranty issue ?
There does seem to be a pecking order on guns sent to;

Stoeger Industries
Attn.: Service Department
901 Eighth Street
Pocomoke, MD 21851

Seems guns that were imported by Cimarron or Taylors and not Stoeger appear to be second banana.  :-\

The only time I've had a warranty issue that the gun had to go back was sent back to Cimarron themselves and they took care of it and back to me in short order. Plus they seem to carry a lot of parts (yeah I like to tinker) and if they don't have them VTI probably does. I am a loyal Cimarron customer for the customer service I have received.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2018, 05:09:12 AM »
I agree Cliff, I've been fortunate not to send one back, but when I wanted OT parts ( swap barrels & calibers etc. ) Cimarron or VTI were my huckleberry.... same for some minor Uberti 73 parts (VTI)

My point was, "if" your gun was imported by Cimarron or Taylor's or maybe one of the box outfits , and you happened to send back to Accokeek, Maryland for repair, It has been my observation, it took what seem longer for it to return..
 Granted, was not my dog in the fight , but I have noted the occurrences. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com