Special Interests - Groups & Societies > SCORRS

Real Deal Remington NMA

<< < (3/3)

Marshal Will Wingam:
That's truly a fine pistol. Nothing like the real thing, even if it has been re-blued. I can re-blue my Ubertis and they'll still be Ubertis. 200 years from now, they'll still be Ubertis. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Smokin Gun:

--- Quote from: johnrtse on October 20, 2005, 12:19:33 AM ---Thanks again folks!

I think that the cylinder marks are a cool thing too Jiminy C. !  Definately brings home the fact that even the originals weren't perfect in their day- why should they be now?

Another really neat observation;  The hammer spring tension is positively incredible!  Reminds me of a leaf spring on a 1 ton truck!  Much more tension than any replica I've ever seen.  The soldiers back then must have had "Thumbs of Steel"! 

LOL!
John

P.S.  Here's another pic!

--- Quote from: Oldelm on October 18, 2005, 12:31:54 AM ---John,....I'll bet with a little research about creating old looking finishes on guns, you could learn how to strip that new bluing off and create an "antique" looking  surface,...just like it probably did look awhile back. You could experiment with a  run of the mill clunker gun first.

There's some discussions on various forums around these parts where some experienced gunsmithing/ refinishers share methods for doing this. If you ever get a chance to have a look through a book titled "Metallic Cartridge Conversions" by Dennis Adler,...you'll see some great work by a gunsmith R.L.Millington,.....who has put some mighty fine looking "old" finishes on his contemporary cartridge conversions.

Just some thoughts,...so as you won't feel you have to be "stuck" with that new bluing on that fine ole Remington.

Ironically,..if it hadn't been re-blued,...you probably couldn't have bought it cheap.  ;)   ;D

--- End quote ---

Good lookin Rem there John ... Ya wanna trade?

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version