GENERAL TOPICS > Books & Movies

Ride with the Devil

(1/4) > >>

caps:
Just watched this on netflix and enjoyed it very much.  Firearms were correct, Henry rifles looked loaded. Clothing was correct.  Good show.

River City John:

--- Quote from: caps on August 09, 2011, 12:58:19 PM ---Just watched this on netflix and enjoyed it very much.  Firearms were correct, Henry rifles looked loaded. Clothing was correct.  Good show.

--- End quote ---

Yes, is a good movie, although the brass-framed '63 Remington never existed. A nice authentic touch was the wearing of the Union belt plate upside down.

RCJ

RickB:

--- Quote from: caps on August 09, 2011, 12:58:19 PM ---Just watched this on netflix and enjoyed it very much.  Firearms were correct, Henry rifles looked loaded. Clothing was correct.  Good show.

--- End quote ---

This has been one of my favorite movies for a long time now. They did a pretty good job (for hollyweird) and it has a good storyline as well.

One of my most well used DVDs in my collection.  :D

Advertising:

Major 2:
I know a goodly number of the Reenactors that lent their talents to that show...
Ang Lee was intentive to suggestions and even worked some in...
However, where the brass frame Remingtons were concerned, props bought these for the principals.
They were told they were incorrect on location , but props had spent the budget, and
could not or would not budget correcting it....

RickB:
Yeah, prop guys don't always do the right thing. At least they weren't using Colt peacemakers and 92s like John Wayne always did when he was depicting a Civil War person. Not that I fault the Duke, but they didn't care much about authenticity back in the day.

At least they've gotten a lot better.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version