GENERAL TOPICS > Tall Tales

Possible New Story Posting

(1/4) > >>

Queasy Dillo:
Good evening, forum-dwellers.

I've been working on a new story lately.  Not Norris--not even a western, really.  This one's more along the lines of Sgt. Drydock's excellent 'Anachronism'.  It follows our protagonist (an air force pilot) through a small tropical war.  While not cowboy by definition, it does have its fair share of homages to the old westerns. 

Now...it does have some coarse language and its fair share of violence. 

All that said, would anybody here be interesting in reading?  I've already shared pieces with Forty Rod, who could probably give you a more honest assessment.

Any feedback (go / no-go) appreciated.

Dillo

Silver Creek Slim:
I would rather not have coarse language posted in this forum since it is a family oriented forum. Thanks.

Slim

Queasy Dillo:
I can respect that.  I figured I'd put up this thread first, just to test the waters.  Better safe than sorry and all that.

I shall return when I have a more suitable tale.   ;D

Dillo

Advertising:

Forty Rod:
Dillo: It's a good story.  The language isn't too far out of line if you'd calm some of it down a bit.  When in doubt, bounce it off of Slim first, but I think you'll be okay.

Folks: Be aware this isn't a 'cowboy' story in the strictest sense...more of a modern day cowboy sort of thing.

I'd vote to let the kid put the first couple of chapters up and then see where it goes from there.  He's a darn good story teller.  He's also real open to criticism honestly given and suggestions kindly offered.

Silver Creek Slim:
You can bounce (email) a couple chapters off me if ya like.

Slim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version