Author Topic: Camping accessory reviews  (Read 175307 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Camping accessory reviews
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2008, 07:45:32 AM »
Gotta love those Town Cars.  OT, When my Dad got back from WWII, he found an old 39 Lincoln Zephyr, that thing had V12 in it. The motor was shot and needed to be rebuilt.  He checked the pistons and found they needed to be replaced. He figured out that a Ford tractor pistons would fit. He rebuilt that thing and had it runnin' in a few days.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2008, 08:21:25 AM »
Drove a ’78 Mercury Grand Mark ta Baltimore for a Colts game. Nice on the interstate. The most miserable car I’ve ever driven in an urban settin’.

Didn’t have a clue where the government mandated over-sized bumpers were. It was a two door. Damned near impossible to see past the massive C-pillars to back it up. Jist go back easy ‘til ya hear glass break. 
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2008, 08:35:11 AM »
Hot Rod Lincolns ;D    that's a car you could pull a Camper with
Mathew 5.9

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 06:48:09 PM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2008, 09:06:07 AM »
Let's hear it for Commander Cody!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Scarlet Angel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2008, 09:26:06 AM »
Gas prices notwithstanding, I'd love to have a '75 Lincoln Continental Town Car.

You can crawl right in the trunk instead of taking a tent and still have room for the gear :)

I do like the simple camps that don't take much to set up or take down.
"The Scarlet Angel, heaven and hell all rolled into one.... I’d hate to be the one on the hell side.” ~Patches McDuff

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."  Mark Twain

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2008, 10:17:46 AM »
Oh, but what a bitch to park.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2008, 11:18:04 AM »
I learned to parallel park in a 59 Ford Country Squire wagon. I can still do a pretty good job of it. It really PO's the Moose because she can't park anything.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2008, 11:41:04 AM »
Learned ta park a ’55 Chevrolet, clutch, no power steerin’. Sher as hell don’t wanna park or drive that thing now.  A pure PITA like that Mercury in close quarters I think. That stuff makes my ’65 ‘Bird seem nimble.

Anything I could have of the larger cars, gas no issue.

A late, out of production Caprice, two door. Totally tuned suspension with tires that match it. I mean one that tries to throw ya outtah the car when ya put it in a turn it sticks so well. Love the stiff ride.

A 427 all balanced with a supercharger that’d give, say, ten ta twelve pounds of boost. The strongest automatic transmission I could get that was street compatible. A cam that’d take that without shakin’ the fillin’s out yer teeth when it idles. When I shut the door with the window up I want it quiet.

Black on black. Power everything with an A/C that’d freeze the b_lls off a polar bear. A stereo system what makes ya think yer there.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2008, 11:50:59 AM »
Arcey, When you get one of those, I'm ready to ride in that BAD RIDE!

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2008, 11:52:30 AM »
Sounds like an old patrol car, Arcey...........Buck 8) ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2008, 12:03:35 PM »
Arcey, How about a  66 Caprice 2dr with an L88 427., Black/Black , full power and air,  Turbo 400 witha shift kit, radial-tuned suspension, a BOSE system, Goodyear Gator-backs with cast aluminum wheels.  Put about 15 lbs of Boost and hold onto your ASS!

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2008, 12:05:14 PM »
That'd werk.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2008, 12:07:14 PM »
You got about 100,000 to build one of those?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2008, 12:13:41 PM »
Figgered as long as I was dreamin’…….

Oh…. 3 ¾” stainless baloney cut pipes hangin’ under the back bumper.

Gonna go get in my Tacoma 'n run errands now.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2008, 01:04:50 PM »
A roommate of mine loaned me his late-father's town car while my beetle was in the shop in '95.  I loooooved driving the thing.  It was in very good condition and only had about 60,000 miles.  I remember that I would put $5 gas in there and it would get me to school and back home.  I'm guessing that gas was about 1.25 or so back then.  There would be nooo way I could do that today.

Yeah, it was a bitch to park, but I did it then.  I would need practice today. :-\

The trunk was cavernous.  I think you could fit five people in it and still have a comfy camping trip. ;D

LR, what about a hoss trailer?
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2008, 01:11:55 PM »
Any werd on yer ride, Trinman? Good news like Buck’s doc visit?

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2008, 01:14:25 PM »
Any werd on yer ride, Trinman? Good news like Buck’s doc visit?

The Auto-Doc said it was my battery and not the alternator.  Still over a C note to get a new one and install it. :(

I remember my mother buying used batteries in the eighties.  Where are they now...
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2008, 01:23:56 PM »
That ain’t all that bad I guess. The truck’s was slowin’ up but it had ‘nuff left ta get me ta the first NAPA store I werked. Carried the tools with me to make the swap in the parkin’ lot. Employee’s price ‘n it still cost me $47.00 ‘n I did the werk.

Ya buy a Toyota ‘n the first thing that quits on it is a Delco battery - GM. Damn…..

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2008, 01:38:14 PM »
This car was a used 2003, bought in 2005, so I guess the battery is original and therefore about time for a change.  It wasn't giving me any indication that it was going bad, never slowed, the light never came on and it wouldn't hold the jump charge.  I'm glad it wasn't worse, but now I'm going to have to remember what my presets were. >:( ;D

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2008, 01:59:33 PM »
That’s the way the wife’s died. She was doin’ errands ‘n everything was normal. The last place she made it to it was totally dead when she got back in it. I got it home on a jump then took the battery to the store to match it up ‘n leave the core. Changed it here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com