Author Topic: Bisley .32 mag Single Six  (Read 5278 times)

Offline Jamie

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bisley .32 mag Single Six
« on: February 08, 2012, 08:58:28 AM »
I finally managed to pick up the last of my long term "dream guns."  A Shiloh Sharps, an Ithaca dbl like my Grandfather's uncle stole and sold on him, a Fox Sterlingworth dbl, and at long last, a Ruger Bisley in .32 mag.  It was the first one I've ever seen, and put money down within 30 seconds of touching it.  Literally.  I've shot several .32 single sixes, and they were all accurate, from the 4 5/8" to the 9 1/2", but I always wanted a Bisley. I've hit gun shows over the years, and there've been 10 gun shops I've visited regularly, and never saw one.  (I have seen 3 .22's, and yes that is an exact number, because I always got excited when I first saw them.)This one was picked up by the gun shop owner at a gun show, and had been in the case for exactly 20 minutes before I saw it.  Ahhhhhhhh.   I haven't shot it enough yet to have any real adventures to convey, but it's about 90% or a bit better, and the bore is perfect, so I'm anticipating great things.  Now I have to get a pair of psuedo ivory grips for it to match my .44 Bisley, and carve another buffalo head in, and I'm good to go.  Somewhat interestingly, the single six Bisley grip appears to be essentially the same as the Blackhawk version dimensionally.  I had thought that they were a bit smaller.  Yes my brothers and sisters, God IS GOOD!
Jamie 

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: Bisley .32 mag Single Six
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 09:25:45 AM »
The Single Six Bisley grip is the same as all Ruger Bisley grips.  The frame is smaller so there is less reach to the hammer, but the grips are full size.

Offline rbertalotto

• Top Active Citizen
    • RVB Precision
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 05:04:16 PM »
Yup, they are nice.......I have a whole slew of them. This is a Ruger custom that Ruger built for an ex president of Thompson

And here is one that Bill Jordan owned....... :o

My favorite "packing pistol"...

Roy B
South of Boston
www.rvbprecision.com
SASS #93544

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:18:46 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com