Author Topic: Hard trigger pulls...no wonder  (Read 741 times)

Offline Roosterman

• Top Active Citizen
    • Muzzleloading guns
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 96
Hard trigger pulls...no wonder
« on: June 18, 2023, 09:49:42 AM »
I had my 50 95 apart yesterday for it's turn at a tune up. Already did the 40 60. I take the lever safety thingy off of all of these '76's as I don't like to squeeze that hard on the wrist when I shoot. I noticed while fooling around with this gun that when you pull the trigger the hammer actually moves backwards until it comes out of the notch. :o No wonder the hammer pulls are so heavy on these guns. I always wondered why you guys were lightening up your trigger pulls by reducing the mainspring power. Now I know. Bad geometry, you are lifting the whole mainspring every time you pull the trigger. NOT GOOD.  So, like in my 40 60, I still reduce the mainspring AND re-cut the full cock notch a bit. You can end up with light primer hits fooling around with the mainspring but I switched to pistol primers and get 100% ignition now with a much lighter trigger pull.
www.fowlingguns.com
Known to run with scissors from time to time
Citadel of Sin Social Club

Online King Medallion

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 14753
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 165
Re: Hard trigger pulls...no wonder
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2023, 03:47:28 PM »
How about some pictures or a video of what you did?
King Medallion

Offline Roosterman

• Top Active Citizen
    • Muzzleloading guns
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 96
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2023, 09:39:40 AM »
Next time I take one apart I'll try and document it. I'm only semi technology savvy with video. The only correct way to fix the trigger pull is to stone the full cock notch. I did it on my my first uberti i had back in 2008. Went too far the first time and got it just right the second.
www.fowlingguns.com
Known to run with scissors from time to time
Citadel of Sin Social Club

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:37:33 PM »

Offline greyhawk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2023, 04:59:50 AM »
Next time I take one apart I'll try and document it. I'm only semi technology savvy with video. The only correct way to fix the trigger pull is to stone the full cock notch. I did it on my my first uberti i had back in 2008. Went too far the first time and got it just right the second.

I am lazy --- got the trigger pull nice on my 45/75 by lightening the mainspring - federal primers so that part was ok - then that dang spring walked forward outa the little notch that holds it so hadda fix that -
Early Ubertis were sposed to have a little bump in the notch, plenty of fellers took it off thinking it was a factory burr - nope! Aldo meant it to be there - stone it off and ya got a hair trigger gun could be dangerous - (many moons ago, they proly changed since) anyway the spring thing did it ok for mine but that slip outta the notch needed a fix.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com