Author Topic: Stars of Merit Awarded  (Read 8328 times)

Offline US Scout

• Bvt MajGen GAF (Retired)
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15690
  • GAF #: 3
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
Stars of Merit Awarded
« on: October 29, 2006, 11:02:50 AM »
I'm working on catching up in the recogniztion of our members who promote the GAF by competing, in uniform, in CAS and "costume" competitions, putting on our Grand and Department Musters, and lead by example.

The following GAF Members are awarded a Star of Merit for their meritorious efforts and behalf of the GAF:

Steel Horse Bailey          1st Place, Black Powder Duelist                       2006 NCOWS Eastern Regional
Kayleen                        Match Director                                             2006 GAF Grand Muster
Chantilly                        Match Director                                            2006 GAF Dept of the Missouri Muster
Sgt Drydock                  1st Place, Military Uniform                              2006 SASS Convention
Sgt Drydock                  1st Place, Military Uniform (Field)                    2005 GAF Grand Muster
Rattlesnake Jack            1st Place, Military Uniform (Dress)                   2005 GAF Grand Muster
Sgt Drydock                  Battlefield Rifle Demonstration                       2006 GAF Grand Muster
Poney Racer                 3rd Place, FC                                               2006 VA SASS State Championship
Bull Schmidt                  GAF Website
Lou Graham                  GAF Sidematch                                            2006 SASS Northeaster
Hedley Lamarr              7th Place, Traditional                                     200? Washington State Championship

This is only a partial list of those I can immediately recall. 

If you are aware of others (or yourself) who have qualified for a Star of Merit please let me know, regardless of whether or not you tried to enter it on the GAF Website.

If I've gotten some of the details wrong, let me know that as well. 

US Scout
GAF, Commanding

Offline Bristow Kid

• I've got a touch of hangover beuracrate. Don't push me
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Matthew(Matt) Bohach
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Stars of Merit Awarded
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 11:11:45 AM »
Congratulations to all of you. 
Prayer Posse
SCORRS
NCOWS #2540
Grand Army of the Frontier #437
Department of the Missouri
PWDFR #149
RATS #233
SASS #68717
WARTHOG

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 06:00:17 PM »
Hmmmmmm.....

Do you want this years and or last years accomplishments as well.  I have kind of stopped counting.

;D ;D ;D ;D
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:37:31 PM »

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• Top Active Citizen
  • ~Aggravator Emeritus~
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 08:41:37 PM »
Here is one:

Hedley Lamarr
GAF#139
Star of Merit for Placing in a State Level SASS Match
Westmatch XV, the SASS Washington State Championships, 7th place Traditional.

And by the way, the header for the website is busted.
Hedley Lamarr
SASS #14478 ROII
~Aggravator Emeritus~
"Dashingly Corrupt"

Offline Bull Schmitt

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 11:23:56 PM »
Hedley,

It appears to be working for me. Please try it again. You may have to use the "Reload/Refresh" option for your browser to get the latest version of the page(s). Let me know if you are still having problems.

Col Bull
Bvt Col Bull Schmitt
GAF Adjutant General
GAF Commander Department of the Atlantic
GAF Webmaster
SCORRS President & Webmaster
SASS #9535, SCORRS, GAF, NRA

Offline US Scout

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 10:18:01 AM »
Do you want this years and or last years accomplishments as well.  I have kind of stopped counting.

I believe that was my request.

I particularly need those who won at the 2005 and 2006 Grand Musters.

US Scout
GAF, Commanding

Offline US Scout

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 10:19:06 AM »
Here is one:

Hedley Lamarr
GAF#139
Star of Merit for Placing in a State Level SASS Match
Westmatch XV, the SASS Washington State Championships, 7th place Traditional.

And by the way, the header for the website is busted.

Hedley,

Have added you to the above list. 

What year was this achieved?

Thanks.

US Scout
GAF, Commanding

Offline Chantilly

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 11:26:59 AM »
The list of the 2005 GAF Muster winners are in a thread called "Thank you ...." sent BTT for your convenience.
A six-shooter makes men and women equal.  - Agnes Morley Cleaveland (1818-1889)

I should like a little fun now and then.  Life is altogether too sober.  - Elizabeth Blackwell (1821-1910)

Offline US Scout

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 12:51:25 PM »
The list of the 2005 GAF Muster winners are in a thread called "Thank you ...." sent BTT for your convenience.

Thanks.  I will add them as soon as I sort out who is GAF and who is not.

US Scout
GAF, Commanding

Offline Chantilly

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006, 01:12:16 PM »
I'm sure I missed some - but from other posts in The Barracks -

Lou Graham - "I placed 4th in BP Gunfighter.  Not Ladies -- there wern't any willing to shoot BP and GF style.  I shot with the men." regarding the 2006 Greath Nor'easter.

GAF Mini Muster - July 23, 2006 at Topeka, KS - I bolded those I am sure are GAF Members - not sure on any others - I know there would be several that would sign up as GAF members but at the time there was some question about how to do it since the website was down -
Top 10 Shooters
1   Shoot'n Newton aka George Newton
2   Calamity Nan
3   Inspector Goold
4   Cagey
5   Newge
6   Major Matt Lewis
7   Kansas Kid
8   Warren Young
9   Major Lee Wild
10 Mulberry Mary

Top 3 Shooters by Category:
Mens Smokeless Shootist
1   Shoot'n Newton aka George Newton
2   Cagey
3   Newge

Womens Smokeless Shootist
1  Calamity Nan
2  Mulberry Mary
3  Chantilly aka Janet Newton

Mens Black Powder Shootist
1  Boiler Plate Jackson aka Jack Puett - GAF???

Womens Black Powder Shootist
1  C C Vermillion aka Michelle Torrence

Mens Smokeless Duelist
1  Major Matt Lewis aka Richard Gimbert
2  Warren Young
3  Killum Kelly

Mens Black Powder Duelist
1  Chain Blue aka Bert Pearson - GAF?
2  Quick Fire aka Jack Bursovsky
3  Chauncey Whitney

Mens Pistoleer          CORRECTED  
1  Trap  aka John Torrence
2  Grizzle Bear aka Rob Brannon

Mens Senior
1  Inspector Goold
2  Kansas Kid
3  Cho Do

Womens Senior
1  Crystal Jane

Mens Elder
1  Old Sarge
2  Drifter
3  Quirt Dunn

Chantilly - 1st Ladies Traditional and 2004 Kansas State Champion; 1st Ladies Traditional 2005 Kansas State Championship; 3rd Ladies Traditional 2006 Kansas State Championship; 3rd Ladies Traditional 2006 Misssouri State Championship;

Shoot'n Newton aka George Newton - 1st 49'r and 2005 Kansas State Champion; 2nd 49'r 2005 Kansas State Championship; 3rd 49'r Missouri State Championship

Steel Horse Bailey - aka Jeff Bailey - "I placed first (in uniform) in the Black Powder Duelist Category last Oct. at the 2005 NCOWS Eastern Regional."

Cedar County Ranger - "Gentlemen;  I was recently honored at the SASS Northwest Regional Costume contest as Best Dressed Military, Lt. Col. Douglas Cedar, US Cav. Commanding Officer Division of the Pacific Northwest Dept. of the Pacific GAF"

Pony Racer - "You realize that by winning the costume (uniform) competition, you rate a Star of Merit" - regarding Pony Racer in the January 2006 Cowboy Chronicle.  No mention in the thread of the name of the competition - Pony Racer - details?

Gripmaker - Best Dressed Man NCOWS Annual Convention
                 Best Dressed Man 2006 Iowa State Championship
Chantilly - Best Dressed Lady NCOWS Annual Convention

Major Matt Lewis - "It is my pleasure to report to you that I have met the impressive standard set by Sgt. Drydock at the SASS Convention last December.  I was lucky enough to win the Military Costume catagory at [2006} End of Trail and am indeed the recipeint of a Championship Buckle.  My uniform of choice was the Federal Cavalry Major's uniform that I put together for the GAF Muster this fall.  The entire decision was based on the fact that as a Federal Major, I decided to wear my Crimson Sash with the uniform.  I was told by Captain George Baylor, one of the Judges, that my winning was based on the fact that I had not over looked the detail of the crimson sash. "

Sgt Drydock - "Beg to report the Spouses club of Ft. Leonard Wood will be having a "Wild West Night"  at the Audie Murphy club on base.  The local CAS club has been invited to add color, and perhaps perform a few Blank aided skits.  I beg to report to the commander that I will be attending in the M1885 Full dress uniform, saber and revolver.  -After action report-

Beg to report sir, a successful engagement.  Made several rounds of the establishment, answering many questions.   A few confused my uniform with that of a Marine, one Lite Colonel thought it Prussian.  (Actualy rather impressed with that, at least he got the influence right.)  Many got surprisingly close.  Perhaps not so surprisingly, as there is a life sized picture of General Leanord Wood in the officer version of my uniform posted at the main gate pass office!

Later participated in a gunfighter skit, where I am pleased to report my dying in a loud, professional military manner."

Terry Lane - "I've been selected (as W.F. Cody) by the Governor to introduce the new Nebraska Quarter on Friday April 7th here in Lincoln. I'll be one of three speakers including the acting director of the U.S. Mint and the Governor. My final talk is now ready after having been back and forth between me and the Mint four times for PC revises and shortening the time. I'll be on at 9:09 a.m. and have two minutes and fifteen seconds to tell the history of Nebraska. Expected attendance is about four thousand. Everyone under eighteen in attendance will receive a new quarter. I'll have to buy mine. Thanks and take care. "

Terry Lane - .....AKA Terry Lane.
"It seems that for the second month in a row, a member of the Department of the Missouri command staff has been featured in an article in the Nebraska Life Magazine. The article featuring Terry was one about CAS in Nebraska."

Terry Lane - "As this scribe reports may be blazing new trails to the Broadway stage, stealing the show in Annie get your Gun playing himself Buffalo Bill, he has cleverly hidden his talents as a song and dance man from even his closest friends.  Great job Terry, we really enjoyed the show..."

Pony Racer - Clean shoot - Marksman - "Wahoo shot a match down in West Point VA to get ready for Round-Up in a couple weeks" March 2006

Major Matt Lewis - clean shoot - Marksman - "First Clean shoot and I was in uniform to boot!"  posted 7-26-2006 - Powder Creek Cowboys match

A six-shooter makes men and women equal.  - Agnes Morley Cleaveland (1818-1889)

I should like a little fun now and then.  Life is altogether too sober.  - Elizabeth Blackwell (1821-1910)

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• Top Active Citizen
  • ~Aggravator Emeritus~
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2006, 04:36:13 PM »

Hedley,

Have added you to the above list. 

What year was this achieved?

Thanks.

US Scout
GAF, Commanding

August 2006

Thank you, sir!
Hedley Lamarr
SASS #14478 ROII
~Aggravator Emeritus~
"Dashingly Corrupt"

Offline Guns Garrett

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2006, 06:14:26 PM »
Commandant, Sir,
 I was honored to be judged "Best Men's Formal" at the 2006 National GAF Muster Banquet.  In shooting, however, I fell to second, due to that GAMER Major Matt Lewis.

Respectfully submitted,
Your Obedient Servant

Guns Garrett
"Stand, gentlemen; he served on Samar"

GAF #301

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2006, 06:46:38 PM »
Besides the stuff that Chantilly mentioned, There is the Winning Duelist at the Kansas State Championships 2006.... ;D

Now, I was awarded the Commander's Citation for organizing the 2004 Muster by Missouri Scottsman, do I get a SOM for the 2005 Muster too?   ;) 

I also reckon, that the Iron Trooper is it's own award and does not need an SOM too.... ;D  I did win Best Dressed Cowboy at the 2006 Muster :o ;D

Hey Bill,

You mind if I just go ahead and get some gold devices.  That blue first place medal is getting kind of crowded....LOL
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Offline Pony Racer

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2006, 06:57:39 PM »
Lou Graham - tks so much not just for my awards but wow that is some list of everyone's awards.

I won best dress at the VA State Match in October 2005.

Of note - since i wear a reproduction USRCS uniform for matches and talk about it - the USCG may no longer require me to take leave for matches.

I may get permissive orders, within reason, for every match I go to as long as I wear the uniform.  The lawyers are doing some checking - but since i am representing the service in the manner I am - I have a couple senior Admirals (CG does not have alot) that think it would be the least they could do.

I'llkeep you posted - definitely would free up my shooting sked.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Offline Dusty Tagalon

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS 32291, NCOWS L170, GAF 74
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2006, 10:03:37 PM »
I guess Major Matt dosn't recognize a "Reb" uniform. 2006 Muster, veterns class.

Brian Bauer

Offline Grapeshot

• Grapeshot. Cpt US Artillery
  • Top Active Citizen
  • WARTHOG
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2006, 11:46:37 AM »
Maybe I've been asleep at the switch, but I've shot at least three clean matches this year in Uniform, and haven't applied for a Star of Merit because I do not have a GAF medal on which to attach it to. (Hint, hint!)
Listen!  Do you hear that?  The roar of Cannons and the screams of the dying.  Ahh!  Music to my ears.

Offline Terry Lane

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 10:23:07 AM »
Howdy all,
guess if my "Meet Buffalo Bill" historic performances meet the criteria, I've got 31 so far in 2006.  ;D

Take care.
Terry Lane, Nebraska Territory,
Nebraska's Official Hon. Col. Wm. F. "Buffalo Bill" Cody
Grand Army of the Frontier Department of the Missouri Chief of Scouts

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2006, 10:31:48 AM »
Terry, is that all? !!  :o ;)

Just to sort out any corn-fusion, I lucked out and shot 1st in the BP Duelist in both the 2005 and 2006 Eastern Regionals.

Grapeshot, I don't have a medal, either, and probably won't unless I (1.) win the Lottery  ::) ) (2.) find a job that I can physically do or (3.) the price comes WAY down ... to $5 or so.  :o

But there's always hope! ;)
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline US Scout

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2006, 05:42:13 AM »
Thanks for all the input on who needs to be awarded the Star of Merit.

I will post names as quickly as I can.

As I posted elsewhere, I suffered a short relapse by trying to do too much too soon after my surgery.  I'm now much improved and am starting to catch up again.

US Scout
GAF, Commanding

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 08:41:22 PM »
How 'bout a marchin' in the GAF Color Guard at an annual match?
MG
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com