Author Topic: Shot Mine at EOT  (Read 1015 times)

Offline cpt dan blodgett

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS Conv 2013
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Shot Mine at EOT
« on: March 16, 2022, 02:23:20 PM »
Picked one up from a buddy about a year ago or so.  Shot it all 12 stages of winter range.  The rifle works fine, the operator could use a lot of practice.  Used a stick on top of the loaded rounds in mag to keep follower off my hand.  The stick essentially limits loading to 10 rounds and worked well.  A small brass wood screw kept the stick from entering carrier also put a taper on the lower side to allow the follower to push stick back in the tube just in case screw was a bit to far out,  All worked well.  That funny looking thing on the top of barrel by the muzzle is only helpful if one uses it.  When you don't there is a boom but hardly ever a clang.  Funny that. Lenth of pull is a bit long and needed a bit of care to fully open the lever properly every time.  Again practice will help.  Did not notice barrel heating shooting 10 rd strings of smokeless others tell me shooting holy black they heat up pretty good.  Like the old beast a lot.
Queen of Battle - "Follow Me"
NRA Life
DAV Life
ROI, ROII

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1181
Re: Shot Mine at EOT
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2022, 02:31:07 PM »
It was very kind of you to allow the other 39 Elder Statesmen to finish higher.  The fact that you shot the match, finished the match, and enjoyed yourself is the big payoff!

I have yet to get a Henry.  One day...

p.s. I just noticed you called it Winter Range in the text of your message.  Hard to break that habit, isn't it?  :)

Offline cpt dan blodgett

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS Conv 2013
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2022, 03:30:19 PM »
In deed it is first non WR match I have been involved with at this time period since 2008. Yes I was kind enough to allow the other 39 finish a head and about all but 6 of the total competitors finish a head just in case they needed an ego boost.  Shot a match in Flagstaff last weekend and finished 2 nd in my category and 7th overall.  2 ES and 7 shooters.  Still had a blast.
NRA Life
DAV Life
ROI, ROII

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:43:07 AM »

Offline cpt dan blodgett

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS Conv 2013
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2023, 10:59:38 PM »
It was not a fluke, this year shot my miroku 92 and graciously boosted the egos of the other 43 elder statesmen as I allowed them all to finish ahead of me.  I got to play with my guns longer and thus had much more fun.  I won in my way of thinking
NRA Life
DAV Life
ROI, ROII

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2023, 07:45:18 AM »

:) Abilene  :o

WHAT??  REALLY??  NO KIDDING??  NO HENRY??  Didn't you know you could go blind??  That's a really terrible condition.

So lever your tushie up offa Sofa and get thy self a Henry before it's too late!!  Well set up, a Henry will run just as fast as any '66 or '73.  You should have had one years ago!!

Absolutely NO EXSCHUSES EUSTAS.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com