Author Topic: Spencer Shoot Off  (Read 2154 times)

1816flintlock

Spencer Shoot Off
« on: August 30, 2008, 08:33:07 AM »
A couple weeks ago Terry Yates, his son Max, and myself got around to getting together and having a Spencer shoot off.  I think Terry and I were roughly tied as far as accuracy goes with our Carbines.   Between the three of us we fired off 100 or so rounds of .56-50 in short order. 

Besides our Spencers, we had a good assortment of other firearms to play with.  The Henry rifle in .45 Colt belongs to Terry along with the Yugoslavian Mauser that somehow managed to sneak in.  The Sharps carbine in .45-70 and the Martini-Henry in .577-450 are mine.  Terry and Max found one shot from the Martini-Henry to be plenty.  I'm using a 480 grain bullet and 105 grains of Goex 1FG in it making it hard on the shoulder compared with the Spencers.

Stephen

Offline Bead Swinger

• Bead Swinger
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Evans New Model
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Postal Shoot (WAS Re: Spencer Shoot Off)
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 09:44:26 AM »
Great Collection! 100rnds? 
That sounds like way too much fun.

We should have a Spencer 'Postal' Shoot - 6x9 'Pine board' at 40yds off hand.  Seven shots. Everyone send in photocopy or picture of their board, and we find a winner.

Does anyone know how to run one of these things?  ??? I suppose you'd need rules. If you get way too fancy, you send in a buck, and we award $$ to the winners. :o

Thanks!

1860 Rifle SN 23954

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com