Author Topic: 71 ratchets  (Read 1107 times)

Offline Holsterguy

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
71 ratchets
« on: June 15, 2021, 08:24:12 PM »
Am I imagining things, or did I see where someone hd said on here that the sharper ratchets on a 71 could have something to do with the hands operation?
I’m still messing with mine (don’t have much spare time this time of year). Got the stock hand back in working order, where it starts rotation where it should and the second stage brings it up to, I believe, where it belongs. I say that because I thought it was good, so I test fired it and indents in primers were dead center.
The problem is, the is kind of a dragging feeling right before the second stage takes over. Possible I need more of a relief angle cut on the ratchet side of the hand between stages?
I have a new hand, just thought I could learn something from doing this one first.

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Re: 71 ratchets
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 08:42:40 AM »

:)  Holsterguy   ;)

Leave the star on the Cylinder ALONE!!  Unless your are determined to buy another cylinder.  Normally, the "drag" points on the Open Top are where the Hand slides (you hope) by the Arbor and the Outside of the hand window.  Often there is a noticeable burr at the outside of the window.  It's not actually a Burr, it is incomplete machining.

Play Safe Out There

Offline Holsterguy

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 05:05:30 PM »
Thanks Coffinmaker

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:28:11 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk