Author Topic: A Thread about anything, but mostly Grandkids Pictures  (Read 162001 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: A Thread about anything, but mostly Grandkids Pictures
« Reply #100 on: July 19, 2009, 08:20:42 AM »
He ain't a lap dog to me, but he kinda sneaks that one on her, is funny to watch cause he knows if he just tries to sit on her lap it won't work, he starts on the couch and slips over a little at a time. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2009, 04:42:38 PM »
Glen, It sounds like he's got the "Lassie Crawl" down pat.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: July 19, 2009, 04:54:58 PM »
I'll tell ya what, that lab I had here yesserday eneded up stayin the night.  Things barely a year old an is just the perfect dog.  Now I know what all the fuss about the breed is.  Everytime I'd go out fer a smoke I'd give her a pat on the head an she'd lay at ma feet.  Kinda startin ta miss her already.  The dipwads that own her named her Another, which is dumb so I just called her Girl an she seemed ta get that I was talkin ta her. 
Of course Angel was very jelous, but put up with it ok.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Advertising

« Reply #103 on: Today at 03:33:29 PM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: July 19, 2009, 05:02:57 PM »
Leo, Now you know why Glen and I love Labs so much.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: July 19, 2009, 05:15:53 PM »
I had a pup once, it was black too but one of my daughters was allergic and ended up in the ICU after sleeping with it.  I found a great home fer her and haven't seen her since.  God made sure that one got a good home, the kid I gave her to was the son of dog trainers.  Met him in front of a gas station goin ta get smokes.  He had just lost a female black lab ta old age an it was a perfect fit.  Sad an happy at the same time fer me.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: July 19, 2009, 06:18:35 PM »
Victoria is a lot like Rowdy. She sleeps with my wife more than I do. She tries to split her time between both of us.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2009, 07:45:33 PM »
Angel has perty much become Lil's dog an Sammie is The Boy's dog.  Was about ta kidnap the lab from last night an say "THIS IS MY DOG!"  Just can't get over what a good un it was.  If ya knew the owner ya'd know that all it's smarts was natural an not trained.  Other words, the dog is smarter than all the folks around her.

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: July 20, 2009, 08:35:54 AM »
They're something special for sure. Depending on how much longer I live, Victoria may be my last dog.

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2009, 03:55:06 PM »

Well here are 5 of my grandkids on their porch (I did this in sepia and had it in my office, and one of my staff asked me which kid was me...)

Also a pix of Gracie the cat...comedy relief!

you can see more kids and animals at:

http://sdough.smugmug.com

good thread
curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2009, 05:03:05 PM »
A fine lookin bunch Mr. Cole.  I'm sure they keep ya busy.

Roland Deschain

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2009, 05:09:41 PM »
Nice lookin’ group ah kids, Curly. Ain’t believein’ my number three grandkid’ll be here in a few weeks.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2009, 05:29:04 PM »
Good lookin kids Curley,

the other day when the kids were here, Jada was washin dishes and Jackie was standing right behind her and Jada told her "the train is stopped"  Jackie asked her what she was talkin about,  she repeated the train ain't moving and she pointed out the window toward the turkey houses,   she can see enough to think the buildings there was a train,  Jackie told her that's turkey houses,  Jada kept sayin it was a train,  finally Jackie just got her and put her on the 4 wheeler and took her down and showed her what it was.

now I said all that to say,  Jada starts school at the School for the Blind on Aug 17,  but we are so tickled to see that she can see to some degree,  those turkey houses are almost 1000 ft. from the kitchen window and she had to have seen it to say that there was a train down there.  here in the house you can ask her to go get something,  she'll go right to what your pointing at, she know her colors, when you point at something here in the house, she can tell you the color,  I'm sure everythng isn't clear to her but  she gets around pretty good

when the doctors  first started  talkin about her vision,  they said she'd never be able to see anything.  we are awful thankful that she does as good as she does,  nothing slows her down, if you could see her play,  you wouldn't know she has a problem at all. 

Thanks to everyone who's said a little prayer through the years.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2009, 08:26:00 PM »
Great lookin kid OT an a great story.  Nothin more fun than provin the docs wrong.  Sounds like she is good at adapting.

Roland Deschain

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: July 21, 2009, 11:05:32 PM »
 Thank you, Actually them is only 5 out of a total of TEN.. Like a fool I started given the kids an American Silver Eagle at birth and then on birthdays...dang....then I decided to add a tenth ounce gold eagle on their 10 bday...gultton for punishment. now that they are gettin older they look foward to them.

OT, VERY cute child, and glad there is joy in the house. Prayers continue for you.

good shootin
curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2009, 01:11:24 PM »
The wife was taking the loss of Kokopelli pretty hard, so we went to the Washoe County Humane Society (NOT AFFIATED WITH HSUS).  There we found Samantha (Sam).  After one day she’s already taking on her big brother, Jake.  He has already accepted her as his little sister, and just whacks her on the top of her head when she attacks him.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: July 22, 2009, 01:15:10 PM »
Bet it would be fun ta watch Sam play with a ball of yarn.  They're really somethin at that age.

Roland Deschain

Offline Russ T Chambers

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: July 22, 2009, 03:46:51 PM »
Leo
She has a small stuffed toy she bats all over the hardwood floors in the kitchen, dining room and hallway.  That’s between chasing Captain Jake Cutter, and sleeping.
Russ T. Chambers
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: July 22, 2009, 04:33:06 PM »
Only cat I ever had I got from out bahind a dumpster at a hotel I worked at.  Mama was a stray an had a litter back there.  One was a runt and weren't gettin no milk.  Took it home an nursed it.  Little Miss was a toddler then an named it Cleo.  Funny thing is, in Pinoccio Cleo was the goldfish an Figaro were the cat.  She got confused an named the kitten after the fish.  Once that thing got it's nurishment up it would fling all over the house like a rocket ship.  Both me an Little Miss er allergic ta cats so once it was good an healthy we gived her up ta more cat friendly folks.  But boy howdy, them kittens is cute.

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: July 22, 2009, 05:32:02 PM »
Russ, I'm glad you got Capt. Jake a companion. I think cats do better when they have another cat to be with them.

Offline Russ T Chambers

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: July 22, 2009, 06:49:17 PM »
Only cat I ever had I got from out bahind a dumpster at a hotel I worked at.  Mama was a stray an had a litter back there.  One was a runt and weren't gettin no milk.  Took it home an nursed it.  Little Miss was a toddler then an named it Cleo.  Funny thing is, in Pinoccio Cleo was the goldfish an Figaro were the cat.  She got confused an named the kitten after the fish.  Once that thing got it's nurishment up it would fling all over the house like a rocket ship.  Both me an Little Miss er allergic ta cats so once it was good an healthy we gived her up ta more cat friendly folks.  But boy howdy, them kittens is cute.

Leo
The only all black (Sam does have an extremely small white spot on her chest) I've had was a cat picked up in the median of I 95 in Wisconsin by a former girl friend’s sister.  Called that one George. (large history of calling my female cats with names that sounded male…Charlie (named after a girl n High school named Charlene, George after a girl I knew named  Georgina…Max after an Aunt named Maxine).  Kokopelli was the only exception.
Jake is a feral born cat from our old apartment.  They are getting along just fine!!  Was a little worried if he’d adjust, but they are doing fine.
Russ T. Chambers
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com