Author Topic: Garrett Sharps carbine  (Read 778 times)

Offline smittyc7

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Garrett Sharps carbine
« on: September 30, 2023, 08:54:01 PM »
I have a .54 cal Garrett Sharps and I would like to live fire it.  Is there a recommended bullet to use? I've never fired it, I picked it up from one of my civil war reenacting buddies when he was getting out of the hobby.  I am assuming it uses a 55 grain load?  Any help would be appreciated.

Smitty

Offline Arizona Trooper

• Top Active Citizen
    • Civil War Guns
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Garrett Sharps carbine
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2023, 09:48:04 PM »
Garretts are great carbines. Best bet is to go over to the N-SSA website, www.N-SSA.org, and search the bulletin board. Lots of us shoot them in skirmishes and you'll find most of your questions answered there. Also, check Hahn Machine, http://hahnmachineworks.com/index.html. Charlie Hahn specializes in getting Sharps repros and originals shooting their best.

Online Sedalia Dave

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 99699
  • NCOWS #: 3836
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 178

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:15:10 PM »

Offline smittyc7

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2023, 01:25:12 PM »
Garretts are great carbines. Best bet is to go over to the N-SSA website, www.N-SSA.org, and search the bulletin board. Lots of us shoot them in skirmishes and you'll find most of your questions answered there. Also, check Hahn Machine, http://hahnmachineworks.com/index.html. Charlie Hahn specializes in getting Sharps repros and originals shooting their best.

I've talked with Charlie and will be sending it to him when he is ready.  Thanks for the heads up!  I ordered some of his loading tubes too and they are great!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com