Author Topic: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football  (Read 1291141 times)

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football
« Reply #180 on: May 06, 2008, 07:59:41 PM »
In keepin' with recent trends..........

love it's when its four wide, love it when it's fast,
love it when the leader's caught, the pack is moving past,
love it when they're making lots and lots of noise,
can't wait to hear d.w. say " boogity, boogity, boogity, lets go racing boys."
lets go racing boys

love it when they're drafting, love it when they slide,
love it when the backstretch, the throttles open wide.
lets go racing boys, nascar racing boys, lets go racing boys, nascar racing boys.
oh yea...

love to see a perfect pit, love to see them tag,
love a last lap turn four pass and my guy takes the checkered flag.

love it when it's four wide, love it when it's fast,
love it when the leader's caught the pack is moving past,
lets go racing boys, nascar racing boys, lets go racing boys, nascar racing boys.

:) ;) :D ;D
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #181 on: May 07, 2008, 07:49:25 AM »
Four Wide makes for a lot of anxious moments and nail bitin'!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #182 on: May 17, 2008, 06:35:48 PM »
Sprint racin'. No points. Nothin' counts but winnin'. Big money on the table.

Reach up 'n pull them belts tight one more time............
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #183 on: Today at 05:53:16 AM »

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #183 on: May 17, 2008, 06:42:46 PM »
BOOGITY, BOOGITY, BOOGITY!!!!!!!!

Let’s go racin’, boys!!!!!!!!
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #184 on: May 17, 2008, 07:03:00 PM »
Big Brown delievered again today by 5 lenghts at Pimilco

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/22825103/vp/24684812#24684700
Mathew 5.9

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #185 on: May 17, 2008, 07:14:04 PM »
Hopefully they didn't kill another horse in this one...............Buck 8) ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #186 on: May 17, 2008, 07:58:15 PM »
Hopefully they didn't kill another horse in this one...............Buck 8) ::)

The report I read said it was pretty quite till the last horse trotted off the track
all made it back without injuries
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #187 on: May 17, 2008, 10:14:35 PM »
Damn…….

A car that didn’t qualify for the race wins. Oh well, the rules were the same fer ever’body. Reckon havin’ Evernham in the pits instead of off somewhere chasin’ Crocker’s panties makes a difference.

The ‘America The Beautiful’.  Ummmmm. A thug wanna be in a band with ‘Mafia’ in the name. That’s sad. 

Driver intros with jungle drums as background noise.

Anyways. Congrats to the 9 team. Gottah respect it.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #188 on: May 18, 2008, 08:14:44 AM »
Kasey needed this to boost his confidence.  Arcey, What's happened to Crocker?
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #189 on: May 18, 2008, 08:31:32 AM »
The Toyota's didn't hold up again,  for awhile there the 18 looked like a world beater.........Buck 8) ::)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #190 on: May 18, 2008, 08:55:00 AM »
The JGR Toyos are having issues with the  right fronts, causing the front tire to blow out.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #191 on: May 18, 2008, 09:37:25 AM »
Something went away in 18's engine, TLD. They had the valve covers off before they went behind the wall for good last night..................Buck 8) ::)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #192 on: May 18, 2008, 10:03:33 AM »
Tires were good with the JGR cars last night. Word was, with it bein’ a no-points affair last night, they were workin’ experimental motor packages. Stewart messed one up in practice. Busch ‘n Hamlin’s went durin’ the race. Same thing HMS was tryin’ last night with the set-ups explainin’ their poor showin’.

Crocker - Some of its rumor but I trust most of the sources, some of it comes from quotes of the players involved.

The undercover werk she did with Evernham cost them the Betty Crocker sponsorship. Evernham was lookin’ for another at the same time he was workin’ on the equity sale to Gillett. Gillett insisted on her release from EMS before the deal was closed due to the negative publicity.

Evernham made a large ‘donation’ to Morgan Dollar to get her in one of their trucks this season  A minor sponsor came with her. When she couldn’t hold the sponsor MD told her to let ‘em  know when she had another then they kindah laid her off.

Last I heard from her she was playin’ the sex card. No one wanted her because she was a woman. Poor me. Never mind the fact that she made every race in ’06 ‘n finished behind people in lesser equipment in the final season’s standin’s who didn’t. Never mind the suggestion Evernham was the second owner she jumped into bed with. Of that I can only guess what the ugly l’il girl has to offer.

Still, bottom line, she can’t drive competitively in any touring division of NASCAR. She’s disruptive to a race team. Without cubic dollars coming with her no one is going to hire her. Sponsors won’t back her because of her negatives. She may make one off deals now again ‘n be a rollin’ on-track hazard. Apart from that she’s done.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #193 on: May 18, 2008, 10:17:26 AM »
Taking the valve covers off sounds like valve spring or rocker arm problems. Too high revs is always hard on the valve train.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #194 on: May 18, 2008, 11:07:20 AM »
That’d be my guess, sumthin’ in the valve train. Reckon they were tryin’ ta lighten sumthin’ up. JGR is the only Toyota team buildin’ their own motors. That might explain it.

HMS does their guess werk, crew development ‘n all on the five car. Looks like JGR does it with all three in the same race.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #195 on: May 18, 2008, 11:10:44 AM »
R & D is always important. Everybody is searching for an edge with the COT.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #196 on: May 18, 2008, 11:17:01 AM »
Some of the teams are hangin' their car bodies off center to make them COT's turn better.  This put undo strain on the axles.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #197 on: May 18, 2008, 01:35:33 PM »
A couple, Jeff Gordon specifically, are whinin’ ‘bout the crab walkers. I noticed it more on Hornish’s car last night than I usually do. Man, was that thing sideways on the back stretch? Darby sez they’re legal. What he sez goes.

Ya get inta side force, this force, that force ‘n the other aero stuff I understand a l’il bit of. I’m in over my head past that tryin’ ta figger out how to balance it. 

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #198 on: May 18, 2008, 03:34:14 PM »
Wonder Wimp is a first class whiner, especially when he ain't winnin'.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #199 on: May 19, 2008, 08:38:05 AM »
From an article that come in this mornin’:

"I know Mark (Cronquist, JGR engine builder) is going to be pulling his hair out," Busch said. "We had a pretty much dominant race car and just had something break within the valve train — a rocker arm first, then a couple of valves. … We'll fix it and get it ready — if not for this upcoming week then the next couple weeks."

Hamlin said the version run Saturday was designed for the sprint nature of the event: "We knew this engine wasn't going to go 500 miles. It was built for just a few more laps past 100, and it just didn't make it."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com