Author Topic: TV Comedy  (Read 3004 times)

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
TV Comedy
« on: July 17, 2005, 02:31:02 PM »
I don't watch a lot of TV...nothing on TV worth the energy it takes to push the button...but there's one show my wife and I try to catch every week.  If we're not home, we record it.

It's a Britsh comedy called As Time Goes By, on PBS (Channel 28) Saturday at 7:30pm in these parts.

I have to tell you, I generally find Brit humor to be as funny as taking a golf club to the groin.  Hell, I generally find US humor to be as funny  as taking a golf club to the groin.

This little half hour show, though, is different.  The lead couple, played by Judi Dench and Geoffrey Palmer (both recently in James Bond movies as M and an Admiral whose name escapes me) are the kind of people that, if they lived nearby, could be close friends.  The humor is quiet and not at all slap-stick, mature without being vulgar, and side-splittingly funny at some times.  I would enjoy their company.  I hope they would enjoy mine. 

Check it out.

It's a lot of fun in only a half hour
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 109
Re: TV Comedy
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 01:08:34 PM »
I have watched it a couple times at my in-laws. It is quite funny.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com