Author Topic: Cleaning Out The Past  (Read 3051 times)

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Cleaning Out The Past
« on: May 06, 2005, 06:47:51 PM »
I retired in January and started working full time on Legends. The book is done and I'm doing some final spell and usage checking, looking for misplaced or missing caps, etc.

Today I took four hours and started cleaning stuff out of the den/office.

I threw away a couple of hundred pounds on old plaques, trophies, awards, and certicificates.

I dumped over a hundred photos that I had taken with people I can no longer identify, and I salvaged all the picture frames and will take them back to the office for Ron to use.

I gathered up boxes and boxes of document protector sleeves, manila file folders, report jackets, envelopes of every imaginable size, and eight boxes of letterhead paper.

I destroyed about 4,200 business cards that I'll never use again and didn't want floating around.

I trashed maybe a thousand old brochures, handout pieces, training documents, and sheets of suggestions on how to do the business.

I emptied my files of hindreds upon hundreds of magazine and newspaper articles, copies of stories copied from the web, and handwritten notes about the company and rthe competition.

I packed up boxes full of inspirational and 'how to' books, cassettes, tapes, and CDs to give to the folks in the office.

I need to get a shredder and destroy client files that are obsolete or duplicates of those I left in the office for my replacement...,maybe six hundred pounds worth. Then I have six filing cabinets I'll scrap move into the garage for storage.

Now I know what 'cathartic' truly means.

People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Cleaning Out The Past
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 08:22:08 PM »
Forty, better make sure the dog didn't get tangled up in all that stuff. Your trash guys are really gonna hate you, Pard.....Buck 8) ::) :o ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com