Author Topic: Never trust a butterfly  (Read 86876 times)

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 61
Re: Never trust a butterfly
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2005, 04:24:53 AM »

There's a lesson to be learned here folks...

Never steal a bike from a lady with a magic wand!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D

I thought the lesson to be learned was... Never trust a butterfly  ;D

I wonder if somewhere in Ft. Lauderdale there is a 17 year old me, feeling sad because there is a 15 year old Annie Lee living in the South of a tiny Country in Europe, half a Planet away.

Life ain't fair.
But I allready knew that  ;D

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2005, 04:40:27 AM »
As for the AnnieLee in Virginny...

Today I am off to the beginning of a series of meetings to create new assurance guidance for software development. If all goes well and I stick with this job, I'll be traveling to Europe. At least then I'd be in the right continent!

:D

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2005, 04:50:58 AM »
 :o  :D ;D

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 08:37:20 PM »

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2005, 05:11:22 AM »
Yep, that skeered him.

Bwaa haa haa.

:D ;D

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2005, 06:05:37 AM »
Yep, that skeered him.

Bwaa haa haa.

AnnieLee

What? scare Fearless Fosdick ? Er, I mean scare Fearless Scattered Thumbs? You must be kidding  ;D

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2005, 08:45:39 AM »
Yep, that skeered him.

Bwaa haa haa.

AnnieLee

What? scare Fearless Fosdick ? Er, I mean scare Fearless Scattered Thumbs? You must be kidding  ;D

Well, I made it through the week without throttling a Geek. Since there is no shoot today, I'm going to reward myself by going to a local garden event and have lunch at a Japanese Tea House. Will is going to tag along with me.

If I can continue to play nice with the "IN" crowd and talk nice to my boss, I may be in Brussels this fall. I was on pins and needles when they talked about the date, for if it conflicted with the Northeast Regional, I wouldn't go. A lass has to have her priorities straight, doncha know.

Well, Mr. Fosdick, how far is it from Portugal to Belgium?

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2005, 08:59:22 AM »
Well, let's put it this way.....Spain and France are in the way ::) :o :o..............Buck 8) ;) ;D
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2005, 09:04:50 AM »
Well, let's put it this way.....Spain and France are in the way ::) :o :o..............Buck 8) ;) ;D

Aye, Buck, but how big are they, about the size of Georgia? Some folks, me for instance, would scoff at such a paltry distance and take the drive. Others, like this guy I used to know, wouldn't drive 20 miles to visit a friend.

So, we'll see, eh?

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2005, 10:37:32 AM »
According to  http://www.freedom-tour.com/mall/kmeurope.htm  the distance between Brussels and Lisbon is 1,293 miles.   Now, that's almost the distance between Greensboro, NC and San Antonio, Tx.  ;D ;D ;D  (Now, Lisbon is located in about the center of the country's coastline, so you could shave some hours off by not going all the way down there, but not by much.)

I visited Brussels some nine years ago and had a good time, but much of that was alcohol induced (I was in school  ;D ;D ;D ).  Otherwise, I found Brussels grey, drab and boring.  Some nicer places you could go are Amsterdam: 130 Mi, Luxembourg: 145 Mi, Strassbourg: 303 Mi (never been there but know folks who loved it), Worms: birthplace of the reformation.  (This is where Martin Luther broke off from the Roman Catholic church and formed the Lutheran church as we call it), The Hague (never been there, should be nice) ...

There is a small canal city that deserves separate mention because it is absolutely beatutiful and worth every moment.  It's somewhere in Belgium and not far from Brussels.  It is not listed on that website I gave you, so look on your map for Bruegge.

Well, I made it through the week without throttling a Geek. Since there is no shoot today, I'm going to reward myself by going to a local garden event and have lunch at a Japanese Tea House. Will is going to tag along with me.

Is Will your son?  Concider that a reward to you from him too!!!  Garden event ?!?!?!?  Japanese Tea House ?!?!?!?  I'll bet you have to take your shoes off, dont you??  ;D ;D
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2005, 09:43:12 PM »
According to  http://www.freedom-tour.com/mall/kmeurope.htm  the distance between Brussels and Lisbon is 1,293 miles.   Now, that's almost the distance between Greensboro, NC and San Antonio, Tx.  ;D ;D ;D  (Now, Lisbon is located in about the center of the country's coastline, so you could shave some hours off by not going all the way down there, but not by much.)
Dagnabbit, that's too far to ask ST to come up. < Grumbles things about rasafrassing Europe>

I visited Brussels some nine years ago and had a good time, but much of that was alcohol induced (I was in school  ;D ;D ;D ).  Otherwise, I found Brussels grey, drab and boring.  Some nicer places you could go are Amsterdam: 130 Mi, Luxembourg: 145 Mi, Strassbourg: 303 Mi (never been there but know folks who loved it), Worms: birthplace of the reformation.  (This is where Martin Luther broke off from the Roman Catholic church and formed the Lutheran church as we call it), The Hague (never been there, should be nice) ...

There is a small canal city that deserves separate mention because it is absolutely beatutiful and worth every moment.  It's somewhere in Belgium and not far from Brussels.  It is not listed on that website I gave you, so look on your map for Bruegge.
Luxembourg is one of my all-time favourite cities. It doesn't feel like a city. The people there are warm and friendly. I'd gladly go back there. Amsterdam was an adventure of seeing pot shops, open air urinals, and the red light district where the ladies didn't care if I was female, they'd still invite me in!  :o Strassbourg was rainy, the salt mine was cold. Saw the outside of Mozart's house, though, so it was ok. I was in Brussels about 5 or so years ago. I saw the piddling boy. It may be the seat of the European Union, but I wasn't all that impressed by it. For a European city, it's bland and doesn't have the charm of Luxembourg. But I don't have any voice in where the meeting will be.

Is Will your son?  Concider that a reward to you from him too!!!  Garden event ?!?!?!?  Japanese Tea House ?!?!?!?  I'll bet you have to take your shoes off, dont you??  ;D ;D

That's what I was expecting, tatami floors and no chairs, just low tables. What I got was a restaurant, complete with Perry Como musak. Their tea was Lipton.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

But the miso soup was good.

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2005, 10:42:08 PM »
I see we had the same impressions of Brussels.  I saw the pissing kid too, but... dang it.  They didn't have one of his elaborate costumes on that day.  I really missed out!   I learned something interesting that day.  While in a gift shop, I was amazed at all the crap that was for sale depicting the little boy, weiner and all.  The worst thing I saw - and really regret not buying because no one believes me - was the cork puller... anotomically incorrect cork puller!  Anyway, I asked the shopkeeper about who bought such junk and he told me:  Americans and Japanese!  I believe him.

I was only for an afternoon in Luxembourg, but enjoyed it very much.  I was very emarrassed that my travel partners chose Pizza Hut for lunch!!!  What crap!  And they weren't Americans, so you can't write that one off so easily.

I think Trinity was living in me that night.  ::) ::) ::)  There is a grand variety of beers available in Belgium and the Netherlands that are/were not available everywhere.  However, I don't remember a single solitary thing from the trip back...   I think the Fruit beers gave me the headache and the one called "Verbodener Vrucht" made me sick.  Shoulda known to stay away from a beer called forbidden fruit, but it had a nude lady on the front!  ;D ;D ;D

Perry Como Muzak... Lipton tea?  Hmmm. <giving a skeptical look> Well, I'm glad you liked the soup!  What did your boy think of all this?
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2005, 06:41:51 AM »
It says something about a town when its biggest attraction is a three foot tall statue of a boy peeing, doesn't it?
My son's commentary in the "Tea House:"

"Ew, Mom, they have carpet."

<Laughing> "Oh man, look at the cheesy fake rice paper walls."

"Mom, they don't even have green tea."

Will is in the anime club in high school. His tone and eyerolls at the restaurant were somewhat mocking and derisive, but he was polite enough to keep his voice down and not embarrass me. He did good. :D

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2005, 10:40:01 AM »
It says something about a town when its biggest attraction is a three foot tall statue of a boy peeing, doesn't it?
My son's commentary in the "Tea House:"

"Ew, Mom, they have carpet."
:D :D :D
<Laughing> "Oh man, look at the cheesy fake rice paper walls."
:D :D :D

"Mom, they don't even have green tea."

Will is in the anime club in high school. His tone and eyerolls at the restaurant were somewhat mocking and derisive, but he was polite enough to keep his voice down and not embarrass me. He did good. :D

AnnieLee

I take it he likes Green tea.  I tried it once but didn't like it.  Musta made it too strong.  I'll try it again one of these days. 

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2005, 12:22:16 PM »
I made a smarty pants post yesterday, 'bout Brussel sprouts but it got ate again.

Try Lap Sang Soschoung goooooood tea, ain't no wimpy stuff.  If green tea is an anti-oxidant then why does it oxidize into black tea?  Yes I'm surley today, so damned fool was sooting them big areeeal boomer fireworks at 5:30 this morning froom the yuppie swanp north of meet.  Told the cops when I called to hang them when they caught the, told them if someone didn't know how to tie the knot to use their caller ID and call me back, I knew how to. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2005, 01:18:44 PM »
Your name's on a list somewhere now, Del.  ...that is if it weren't already  ;D ;D ;D

Is that true about Green Tea? 

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2005, 07:18:44 AM »
Will is in the anime club in high school.

AnnieLee

That so?

let's make a test.

Ask him who killed Kaji Ryoji ?

Tell me what is answer was.  ;D

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 109
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2005, 10:56:15 AM »
I don't like green tea. It tastes like alfalfa to me.  ::)

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2005, 02:57:28 PM »
Will is in the anime club in high school.

AnnieLee

That so?

let's make a test.

Ask him who killed Kaji Ryoji ?

Tell me what is answer was.  ;D

I'll ask him but I don't think it was Misato.

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2005, 02:54:48 AM »

AnnieLee

Clever girl. Is that you talking, or you got it from Mr. Google like Slim.  ;D

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2005, 06:13:53 AM »

AnnieLee

Clever girl. Is that you talking, or you got it from Mr. Google like Slim.  ;D

;D  Would I tell?

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady