Special Interests - Groups & Societies > The Winchester Model 1892

45 colt load for Rifle and Rem nma

(1/2) > >>

Lord Eoin MacKenzie:
  My local indoor range does not allow lead bullets.    I am looking at a common load for my Rossi 92 and my Rem NMA with a conversion cylinder.    Using Berry's 200gr bullets.   I have Trail Boss, Unique and Herco.  Any Ideas?   Thanks

Cap'n Redneck:
Is the conversion cylinder a 5-shot or a 6-shot model?

The 6-shot models have very thin cylinder walls, and if I remember correctly the instruction manual says to use only pure lead bullets at blackpowder equivalent pressures.

Lord Eoin MacKenzie:
  I would like a mild load, that won't get stuck in the 20inch rifle barrel.    But OK for a Pietta REM NMA conversion,  6 Shot preferred.
  I am having to "roll my own" since the local range/LGS  and the Sportsman Warehouse both don't have any 45 colt ammo in stock!!!.  I have brass, bullets, Lee Dies, powder but  would like have something that will work in both.

Advertising:

1961MJS:
Hi

You might ask if you can shoot poly coated.  If the issue is burning the lead off the bottom of the bullet then the poly coat might work.  I don't see what would help if they're worried about the back spatter on the back wall.  Even FMJ squirts out lead when it hits the wall.

Later

King Medallion:
I'd find some place else to shoot!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version