Author Topic: USFA Cutaway  (Read 1442 times)

Offline shrapnel

• There is nothing like the original
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Keeping what made the West safe, alive
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
USFA Cutaway
« on: April 30, 2019, 09:38:27 AM »

Has anyone ever seen one of these? I bought one some time ago and I don't know that I need it anymore. This has to be rare, if not one of a kind. I think I would sell it if anyone is interested.

It sure is an oddity...

I never considered myself a failure...I started out at the bottom and happen to like it here!

Offline Coal Creek Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
Re: USFA Cutaway
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 10:50:22 AM »
That's really interesting--some kind of armorer's or sales demonstration device.  You come up with the most interesting guns...  (I was going to ask how it shoots, but I was afraid that someone would think I was serious.  ;D)

CC Griff
Manager, WT Ranch--Coal Creek Division

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573

Offline OD#3

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 09:47:32 PM »
I used to own a USFA Lightning.  It was in .45 Colt, so it had some issues.  Still, it was the most exquisitely-machined rifle I've ever owned, and I've wished many times that I'd investigated the feeding issues more before selling it off.  At the time, I was just too afraid to take files and stones to it, though I've since become convinced that I'd have been able to get that rifle running great with some adjustments to the ejectors. 

I don't know if your non-shooting cutaway would sell for as much as an intact one would, but its rarity alone should bring a high price.  USFA didn't build that many lightning rifles, so I wouldn't be surprised if yours was the ONLY factory cutaway extant.  I traded last year for some in-process USFA single action parts.  I know that mine aren't the only ones out there, but I value them highly just because they show how much machining went into the USFA guns, and these are guns that aren't made anymore.  I wish I was in the position to offer you what that rifle is probably worth. 

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:01:46 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com