Author Topic: Side Matches for the National Shoot  (Read 983 times)

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3306
  • GAF #: 883
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 99
Side Matches for the National Shoot
« on: January 03, 2023, 02:45:21 PM »
Hi All,
I am 99.9% sure Books is planning on having the pocket pistol championship side match again this year.   So bring your pocket pistols if you have them.
Along that vein, bring your cap and ball revolver if you have one.   I am putting together a cap and ball championship side match.   It will involve 10 shots.   It was a 100% my idea, no copying of patents or blue prints of Books's stages were done, honest    :)     We will have  a couple of cap and ball revolvers (44) for you poor unfortunate souls who think cartridge shooting will catch on and do not have a cap and ball revolver.   Passing phase to be sure.     

Also, we are way more than happy to have other posses put on some side matches.  Shoot me a pm if you are interested.     

I can say we have our first registered shooter for the event (me).     So check out the website Johnny put up and come join the fun.   

Offline Navy Six

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 26385
  • NCOWS #: 1410
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
Re: Side Matches for the National Shoot
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2023, 03:28:52 PM »
Sounds like two great ideas.
Only Blackpowder Is Interesting 
"I'm the richest man in the world. I have a good wife, a good dog and a good sixgun." Charles A "Skeeter" Skelton

Offline bushwhacker

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3013
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 08:24:30 PM »
Well I won’t make it this year. Just to far for my back and leg  to make it.  I hate it.  I have a big favor to ask?  Will someone take pictures of the pocket pistol and Cap and ball championship and post them on Facebook?   Thank you, Bushwhacker

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:50:40 PM »

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 422
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2023, 08:57:40 PM »
Well I won’t make it this year. Just to far for my back and leg  to make it.  I hate it.  I have a big favor to ask?  Will someone take pictures of the pocket pistol and Cap and ball championship and post them on Facebook?   Thank you, Bushwhacker

"Just too far for my back and leg "... I resemble that  :(

You know, it was our former Cavalry days ...too many times ridden hard and put up wet.
I keep in touch with several of the troopers we rode with they are stove-up as well.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 2770
  • NCOWS #: L-168
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2023, 08:51:57 AM »
Horses, tanks and artillery pieces do that to you.  Every dumb thing we did as young folks hurt every morning when you try to get out of bed.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 422
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2023, 11:42:46 AM »
Horses, tanks and artillery pieces do that to you.  Every dumb thing we did as young folks hurt every morning when you try to get out of bed.

WORD
when planets align...do the deal !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com