Author Topic: M 12 Dilemma  (Read 2011 times)

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
M 12 Dilemma
« on: September 17, 2019, 06:37:30 PM »
 I have a trio of nice M12s, all with plain barrels. A pal wants to buy one from for WB.

One has a 30" FC barrel with vent recoil pad, the others are 28" MC. I use one of the 28" MC with a sold rubber recoil pad. The other has very nice, almost select wood, no recoil pad.

The 30 FC model has about 75-80% original finish, same for the MC with solid pad. The one with the select wood about 95% or better.

It would be a shame to lop off the barrels. How much of a handicap would it be for him to operate the 30" FC model? That would be the easiest one for me to part with.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 189
Re: M 12 Dilemma
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 08:39:00 PM »
I looked on GB and eventually found an old reblued M12 with a 28 in bbl for a cas donor 3 years ago. It became my trench gun build, paid 301.00 for it then. After cutting the bbl to 20 inches I found I was having trouble knocking targets down with my old standard cas loads so I upped the powder and shot using a different wad. No more problems. I?ve seen guys run long bbls, in the open they?re fine except for the super tight shot column but shooting out doors and windows they are cumbersome. I?d let him try one in a match or two to see if it feels awkward to him. Go from there. Personally I like my sg short but like my rifle long, go figure. Guess that?s because you point a sg but aim a rifle.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline Boggus Deal

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 05:03:22 AM »
Cut it! It?s lost it?s collector value with the finish wear and pad added. It?ll be a LOT handier.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:46:06 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com