Author Topic: Brass bead  (Read 2925 times)

Offline sweettooth

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Brass bead
« on: April 01, 2006, 04:57:16 AM »
 getting my guns ready for todays shoot and noticed I no longer have a brass bead on the front of my shotgun just the post.
  It is a bakail. Can I order one from brownells ? is this common. should I have several in my gun box?
  Any quick tempory fixes ?  How would anyone get answerers to all the Questions I have asked without this Board ?
         Thanks Marshal and all the cas l ghost riders . Sweettooth
storm
usmc 67 70
dav
semper fi

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
Re: Brass bead
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 05:11:14 AM »
Brownells is the answer in the long term Sweettooth.
I would only buy one if I were you, BUT, you need to know the size.
Look at other guns at the match today and ask questions. Ask if anyone there has had to order and see what happens.

There is always a chance that someone at the match will have one they might let you have.

Short term, see if you can find a small bead around the house (or some small round object) and try to apply with super glue.

Hope this helps.
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline sweettooth

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 08:32:44 PM »
 O.K. Ranger hope you and the other old hands find this as amusing as the lever wraps. Heres the story
 I had been sitting in My chair putting on a butt wrap to hide the rubber recoil pad so thats where I started looking after I posted this and there was this big old brass on a post with a ball . Couldnt see how it fit on that post as there was no hole ion the bottom but I was in a hurry . Grabed a file made sure I had my cordless drill and bits,  loaded up headed out. Driving an hou to get there I was fileing away at the bottm to make it smooth . Got there had some one hold the cahanel locks while I punched and drill ed a hole then stuck it on with super glue. let it sit 10 min while I unloaded. Pick up the gun and wow I had a post and bead that looked like it belonged on one of thos old lamps . Sticking straight up from the end of my barrel. Sticks up  1/2 inch waving at the world like a finger. My pal who has been shooting 10 yrs said whats with that amazed.   Faster target aquizition I replyed . (my yrs with 1911s had not been wasted } by then I knew it didnt belong there . Couple of people in the posse remarked with awe. " look at the bead on that shotgun " said my line" Faster target aquisition ". They just shook heads one guy said seems like it would shoot a might low.
  After the match I said to the guy who held the channel locks I still dont know what that thing is or where it came from . He  studdied it a moment and told me it was a collar button from the old timey shirt must have fallen out and I mistook it for a front bead. Think Ill just leave it on there might start selling them for faster target aquisition . I sure like laughing at myself keeps me from getting too serious .
storm
usmc 67 70
dav
semper fi

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:27:31 PM »

Offline sweettooth

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 08:41:37 PM »
 Almost forgot Mr. Tensleep . Thanks for answering my question . I will head to the gun store for size then call brownells Mon. am
                     Just dont you and the rest of the cas l ghostriders move without telling anyone.
                                                  Sweettooth
storm
usmc 67 70
dav
semper fi

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 08:43:05 PM »
LOL! Good story Sweettooth.

We'll be here.
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com