Author Topic: Contrast  (Read 2084 times)

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Contrast
« on: July 25, 2018, 11:32:13 AM »
Yesterday I did some off hand shooting at 100m with my '86 Browning 45-70 and my Shiloh 50-70 carbine in preparation for side events at out CAS shoot this weekend coming. I only fired a few rds as my shoulder doesn't like me after a weekend Sporting Clays event where I burned up 140 rds.

I was sharing the range with a member who is readying himself for a .22 rifle shoot out to 300m(!!!) next month. He was impressed that I hit my steel target with both rifles off hand

I challenged him to hit the 300m gong with his CZ Varmint .22LR. He dialed in his super scope and sho' nuff - "Pop - ding". He did this repeatedly. He claims he can hit a clay bird at that distance and I believe him. He shoots Eley .22 ammo at $60 per 300 rds.

He asked me a bout CAS and I invited him over to the CAS range where my wife and others were working out the bugs for our CAS shoot. After watching a few shooters, we gunned him up and he did credibly well. He already has a couple of suitable guns so we're hoping we hooked him.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com