Author Topic: Welcome to CAS City Downunder  (Read 3436 times)

Offline Dakota Dan from OZ

• Top Active Citizen
  • The Legend Lives On
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Welcome to CAS City Downunder
« on: December 29, 2006, 03:38:42 PM »

A big welcome to CAS City Downunder to Levi Nitehawk, hope you enjoy your stay here with us come grab a seat around the fire and tell us a bit more about yourself  ;D.

I shot with Levi here Downunder in November at our Blackpowder Shoot and at a club shoot at Blacktown, great Classis Cowboy hope you can make it back down here someday 8)

Dakota  ;D
My Pa once said "Son never take a knife to Gun Fight"  He told the truth.
SASS# 28875
SASS State Governor
SASA  Aust #2715
SASA State Discipline Chairman
RATS 239
PWDFR 146
GSC 001

Offline Wallaby Jack

• (stumpblasting) Root, Shoot, & Electrocute
  • Top Active Citizen
    • CASS Australia
  • Liked:
Re: Welcome to CAS City Downunder
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 05:07:59 AM »
.................... 'ere 'ere ........  :)
You don't gotta be insane to do this,
but it sure helps.
http://cass-australia.com
http://sasa.qir.com.au

Offline Levi Nitehawk

• Old Classic Cowboy
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Be Safe, Have Fun, Shoot Straight
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 08:26:39 AM »
G"Day and Thanks Dakota.  Thanks again for the use of your "38" @ the Black Podwer Match.

Not sure what all type information your looking for, but here goes.  I am a Native Texan, borned in Brownfield, the Panhandle of Texas and lived in that area until I finished HS.  Went in the Navy straight out of HS, spent 20 years, working as a Gunner Mate.  Had one tour of duty out of Norfolk, VA, 2 Med crusies and 1 North Atlantic and the rest off the West Coast and being Navy most of the time was on board ship and @ sea.  My trip to Australia this time was not my first downunder.  I had been to Austtralia 4 or 5 times and into several different places.  Everytime I have been there even during V.N. War, the people was great.
After I retired from the Navy in 1987, I went work for the Navy as a civilan, using some of the knowledge I learned while in the Navy.  Now I work in Camden, Arkansas and live in New Boston, TX on the Weekend, surpporting government contractor in building missiles and putting them in Vertical Launch Canisters and sending them to the Fleet, the US, RAN and others.  Some people seem to thing that I know more about the operation and have the abilitiy take care troubles when other people are not able to.  That is why I went to Orchard Hills.  They was starting a new process at the facility there to do some work we are doing in Camden and had been trying for 8 or 9 days to remove some missile from the canisters.  When they put the team together, they said a person from this company and this company and another from the government and Levi has to go.
When I was station in Camden in 2001, is when I learned about Cowboy Action Shooting and I started shooting in 2002.  Being in New Boston, Texas the Badlands Bar 3 run by T-Bone Dooley (Leader of the Dooley Gang) is the closest range.  That has been my good luck, the quality of shooter @ the Badlands on any given weekend is hard to match.  We have 6 present and past World Champions shooting there regular and 4 or 5 others that come in and shoot with us.  Our Annual Match this year we had the Judge and about 10 present and past World Champions there, who all I am not sure, I had to fly out late friday and miss the fun.  T-Bone and Nut-An-Graceful will both help anyone who ask for help.  They setup training to help out club members improve so when the Dooley Gang goes to a shoot, people knows the Dooley Gang was there. 

The Dooley Gang moto is work hard on the posses, doing what needs to be done, Have fun, Be Respectful, Wear your Dooley Gang Purple Arm Band with Pride and do your best, no crying.  To become a Dooley Gang Member this is what you agree to do.  This year @ EOT we went International.  We have members in Australia, New Zealand and Europe.

Guess I wrote a novel, instead of a short story, if you have question, I will try and answer them.

Thanks for the seat, hope it don't throw me, this OLD Classic Cowboy needs an Old Gentle Pony. ;D ;D

Have a Happy New Years,
Levi :)
May we meet on the range.

SASS Life # 53496
Dooley Gang #14
Urban Cowboy #49
Cibslick Gang
CASS
GSC # 14

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:24:22 AM »

Offline Texas Tall

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 03:36:00 PM »
Welcome to CAS City Levi, we sure enjoyed your company while you were downunder pard and look foward to seeing you a lot more on this forum :) :)

See ya .........................Texas Tall. ;) ;)
If you've gotta cheat ta win, you've only beaten y'self.
SASS# 47630
SA/Aust.2870
GSC 002

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 11:38:32 AM »
Welcome Levi! ;D
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Offline Piedra Kidd

• Elk Packer
  • Very Active Citizen
    • Windy Gap Regulators
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 12:05:52 PM »
Welcome Pard!  ;D
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intent of arriving
 safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming
 "WOW!"  What a ride!

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 03:44:00 PM »
Welcome Levi!
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com