Author Topic: Just joined and thought I would say hello  (Read 948 times)

Offline RIDE-RED350R

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 27
Just joined and thought I would say hello
« on: January 01, 2022, 12:05:27 PM »
Hello everyone. My name is Joe and I reside in rural NYS. I'm very interested in Winchester lever rifles in general including their modern counterparts. It was suggested by a friend on another shooting forum that I join up here as I recently picked up a nice Uberti 1876 Centennial in 45-60 WCF. On Christmas Eve at our family get together, which usually involves some fun casual plinking, I fired the first 30 rounds I made for it using CheyCast 300gr coated bullets sitting atop 25gr of AA5744. What an absolute pleasure it is to shoot! A heavy plinker of sorts and so much fun. I have a few other Winchesters that I'll get to talking about at some point, but for now here is the 1876. Thank you for letting me join, I very much look forward to learning and interacting here with you folks. Happy new year.

Apparently the pic file size is too large to post. ☹️

Offline King Medallion

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 14753
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 165
Re: Just joined and thought I would say hello
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2022, 12:24:41 PM »
Howdy and Welcome! Glad you made it! Here is your rifle.

King Medallion

Offline RIDE-RED350R

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2022, 03:41:04 PM »
Thank you Sir, and thanks for the assist on posting the pic of my rifle. 🙂

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:34:39 PM »

Offline Coal Creek Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2022, 04:12:58 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  Aren't 1876s fun?

Griff
Manager, WT Ranch--Coal Creek Division

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573

Offline RIDE-RED350R

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2022, 04:52:18 PM »
They sure are! Just yesterday I reloaded all 60 of my empty brass for it and can't wait to get the range and see what she can really do. I also have an early USRA stamped Miroku built Winchester 1886 Takedown that currently is at Turnbull for some modification and due to be complete very soon. The '86 is an awesome rifle and I think my favorite of all of them. But that '76 is just an absolute pleasure to shoulder, cycle, and shoot. The sound and feel of the action working is almost poetic. No it's not the toughest lever action ever designed, but there is something about it that appeals to me greatly.

Offline Slamfire

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 58
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2022, 09:52:20 AM »
 Ride-Red, a 76 is like unto a rowdy woman that wants to be treated like a "lady", you have to treat "Her" firmly but with "RESPECT", find out what she likes & don't like(loads), she will serve you well. ;)

coffee all around,  Hootmix.

Offline greyhawk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2022, 07:00:43 PM »
Hello everyone. My name is Joe and I reside in rural NYS. I'm very interested in Winchester lever rifles in general including their modern counterparts. It was suggested by a friend on another shooting forum that I join up here as I recently picked up a nice Uberti 1876 Centennial in 45-60 WCF. On Christmas Eve at our family get together, which usually involves some fun casual plinking, I fired the first 30 rounds I made for it using CheyCast 300gr coated bullets sitting atop 25gr of AA5744. What an absolute pleasure it is to shoot! A heavy plinker of sorts and so much fun. I have a few other Winchesters that I'll get to talking about at some point, but for now here is the 1876. Thank you for letting me join, I very much look forward to learning and interacting here with you folks. Happy new year.

Apparently the pic file size is too large to post. ☹️

Dont know if this will help with posting pics but works for me
1) take the pic with your phone
2) I then send it from phone to gmail account
3) open it there, save to hard drive, attach to your message here.

in process of sending it to the gmail account the phone reduces it down for easy transmission - most are 2-500kb instead of megabytes  - still have the original high density image on your phone if you want to transfer it to a chip etc 

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 189
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2022, 07:56:06 PM »
Welcome aboard. We have a good time here. Fine fellows. I have a faux RCMP ‘76 carbine plus some ‘73s. Fun guns. I have to run my photos through another app in order to get them to load here. On other forums I belong to I don’t, they load right from my photo folder on my iPad. Here I will post my comments and then go back to add photos. I’ve lost comments that refused to load after the photo I tried to post failed to work. Very frustrating as I tend to be longwinded..longfingered, it is an iPad.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline RIDE-RED350R

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2022, 12:45:58 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome gents. This '76 is the first pre-JMB design I've ever owned and I love it. Now I need to get a '73, would like to get one in 357 being that I have two other carbines in 45 Colt that can handle the Ruger level loads that I load for them and don't want the slightest possibility of mistakenly putting one of those in a '73. I find these pre-JMB designs to be elegant in their simplicity and I love the experience of shooting what our ancestors did in the earliest cartridge rifle days. I've been sort of looking into loading BP 45-60 rounds, toying with the idea of getting serious about it.

Offline dusty texian

• Chief Scout Wehmeyer Ranch's.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2022, 11:33:35 AM »
Welcome always good to meet another 76 shooter . A lot of good folks here and a lot of info .,,,DT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com