Author Topic: 12ga Brass  (Read 6134 times)

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1174
Re: 12ga Brass
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2022, 12:14:56 PM »
I thought I had more Winchester hulls, but current count shows I have 1 Winchester, about 30 Rem-UMC, about 40 Alcan, and 6 Rocky Mountain Cartridge.  The Alcans use special primers that look like 209's but are smaller.  Winch and REM-UMC are the same size, and same as Magtech.  The Alcans are somewhere between the REM-UMC and RMC in thickness, although it is hard to tell in the photo.  The RMC can be easily seen to be thickest.  Even the thin hulls last nearly forever if the mouth is never crimped.  Some of my hulls have been loaded over 50 times.  A couple had a small split when I got them, but so far only a single hull has had that split get larger.  Of course, they are a bit slower loading into the shotgun chambers when there is no crimp, but I'm not out for speed when using these.  :)

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Re: 12ga Brass
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2022, 09:13:11 AM »

:)  Hey Abilene  ;)

Ditto!!  I've been loading the same pile of Magtech hulls for several Lustrum.  Never had one split.  Never had to resize one (unless some ham hock stepped on one).  I still have 75 New in Box just incase.  Never needed em.

Have Fun Out There.

PS:  At my age, speed is now an oxymoron.  Fast is some humorous.  I still get to the end of the stage though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com