Author Topic: Chinese '87 with 30" barrels  (Read 2402 times)

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1174
Chinese '87 with 30" barrels
« on: May 27, 2020, 10:13:29 PM »
This is just a heads up.  Cimarron has not sold Chinese '87 shotguns before, just some of the Chiappa offerings.  But they have had some on order for a long time, and I noticed they have received them.  They are coming from the company that is making the 1878 coach guns, though I couldn't say if it is the same factory.  It is possible that these are really crappy '87's like Century was importing.  I really don't know.  The thing that might interest some folks is that they have them in both 20" and 30" barrels.  I don't know that any other Chinese '87's have had the long barrel.  So for some of y'all that like 'em long, just maybe...???

Sorry, I don't know price or anything else about them and not on their website.  If you search around you can still find an image of the Chiappa.  I just saw them on the inventory list.

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Re: Chinese '87 with 30" barrels
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 04:09:07 PM »

While walking down the street one day .... in the merry merry month of may ..... La de da de da > 

I have always thought the '87 was the Beez Kneez as shown in The Terminator.  When it started to appear in CAS, I thought it rather clunky.  Entertaining, but Clunky.  Entertaining to watch all the hilarious Train Wrecks (snicker snicker).  But and however.  I've never (personally) seen period Tin Types that showed an '87.  Same same with the '97.  Western expansionists relied on Double guns.  The only real initial market for the the '97 was market hunters who wanted magazine capacity.  Same same the '87.  The "drop two" mod wasn't even thought about.  Market hunters just stuffed em full and headed for the blind or boat or both.  I really don't consider either to be "Cowboy."  So I really don't care where the 87s come from.  Or even "if" they come from.  The 30 inch barrel guns with large magazines decimated the flyways of migratory water fowl.  Atz why we often find magazine limiters in the magazines of large magazine gunz.

Probably not in keeping with popular opinion.  Sorry about that.  So should you elect to ignore my tyrade, I shan't feel slighted in the least.  Of course, if you got this far, it's too late.  There is no help.  You have already passed the point of no return!!  REPENT !!! Heathens!   Hammer Doubles RULE!!

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 07:45:42 PM »
Haha!  Well I've never had an '87 and never had a big desire for one.  But I do enjoy watching folks shoot 'em who are pretty good.  I've noticed that while the imports all seem to have shorter barrels, it seems like everyone I've seen shooting originals locally all have them with the original long barrels.  There was a shooter who passed away some years ago named Ben Sunday.   He only shot smokeless, so a gunsmith put a long Marlin barrel on an '87 for him.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:30:08 PM »

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 09:45:07 PM »

:)  Hi Abilene   ;)

We do have some "National Spelling Bee" level shooters around here whom can run an '87 like a stolen Mustang Convertible.  Doesn't look like they be running but they go thru a stage like Elliot Ness.  Of course those guys are also hilarious when it all goes south.  But regularly FAST they are.

But.  Taint Cowboy (to me).  No interest.  Oh, but I do have an acquaintance whom whilst practicing with his '87 in his basement den, grabbed two live ones by mistake.  Exit one Big Screen TV.  Kablooie!  Wish I could have been witness.  Oh well.

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2020, 08:23:01 PM »
 abilene
any updates on those long barreled 87's . The way it looks Coffinmaker wants the 1st one . ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Tornado

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2021, 07:50:26 AM »

To sum up the video, the first batch will be 20" barrels, 12ga, fixed improved cylinder choke, matte black finish, nice looking logo, and they will have 1500 units in 2-3 months.   Later on options will be; 26" barrels, 10ga, screw in chokes, and nicer finishes.

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2021, 05:37:38 PM »

I wouldn't suggest starting to Drool in anticipation.  I talked with Cimarron today looking for a project.  Cimarron is NOT updating their website.  If it says "in stock" it (whatever "it" is) is not in stock.  Cimarron has almost nothing on hand.  EVERYTHING is backordered.  They are not accepting individual "back orders."  If you currently don't already have "it" your not going to get "it" any time soon.

Stay Safe out There

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4643
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2021, 09:25:25 PM »
I wonder why use China again, when QC in the past has been spotty. If you have to go off shore to build these, Turkey and the Philippines are both turning out very good budget guns.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2021, 09:59:27 PM »
As far as I know these are coming from the same company ( currently named Xiamen ) that makes their 1878 Coach Gun.

Offline Curtis264

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2021, 11:25:52 PM »
I believe it was Lassiter in the video, who developed the 2 shell drop in these and Chiappa used it in one of their models

Offline Tornado

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2024, 04:20:53 PM »
I got to handle one of Cimarron's new 20" 1887 shotguns today.  Looks and feels pretty good.  The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the matte finish, I guess polished blueing is on the way out, most guns seem to have this dull finish now a days.

Offline Tornado

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2024, 01:56:33 PM »

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4643
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2024, 07:54:58 PM »
We just ordered a couple for my LGS. Can't wait for them to come in and check them out.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 84934
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 691
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2024, 09:34:55 AM »
We just ordered a couple for my LGS. Can't wait for them to come in and check them out.

I want one of the new Cimarron versions but think I will wait a little bit and see if they come out with the longer barrel versions like they said they would. I have a couple good SASS versions and would love t 2 3/4" full length one to hunt with.
"If legal action will not work use lever action and administer the law with Winchesters" ~ Louis L'Amour

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com