Author Topic: 2018 Ft. Hartsuff Firearms Display  (Read 2788 times)

Offline Pitspitr

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • 308 214-0082 45551 Rd 816, Sargent NE 68874 USA
    • Grand Army of the Frontier
  • SASS #: 74523
  • NCOWS #: L187
  • GAF #: 147
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
2018 Ft. Hartsuff Firearms Display
« on: October 01, 2018, 12:54:33 PM »
Ladies and Gentlemen of the GAF;
I have the honor to present my report following the 2018 Ft. Hartsuff and Grand Army of the Frontier combined Firearms Display. The display represented the evolution of the US Military Firearm from the Revolution up through the present. The Firearms presented were original and reproductions form My collection and those of Lt. Col. Niederlander, Hawkeye Heffner, Fort Hartsuff and my father.

Lt. Col. Ned Niederlander and I set up the display which consisted of 37 US Military firearms and descriptions Saturday morning in the Mess hall of the Barracks building at Fort Hartsuff SHP.

Attendance was slow but steady Saturday owing, I believe, to the cold damp weather.  Col. Beethe guarded the display late Saturday afternoon and early evening while the Mrs. General and our daughter and grandson and I attended church and ate supper together. Following supper we returned to the fort and relieved Lt. Col. Niederlander. We had a nice visit before they returned home and I provided the night watch. Sunday Morning Lt. Col. Niederlander attended church with his family before returning to the Fort about noon. Up until that point we had only had 3 visitors all Sunday Morning and I was beginning to become very disappointed with the attendance. However; about the time Lt. Col Niederlander returned, the visitors started flowing in. There wasn't a time all afternoon that there weren't at least 5 visitors viewing the display or asking our staff questions. Unfortunately I did not get a head count Sunday.

Photos are below. (Hopefully Lt. Col. Niederlander got some too)

I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 2018 Ft. Hartsuff Firearms Display
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 03:57:25 PM »
Beautiful!  Well done, sir!
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Offline ira scott

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • AKA: Broken Nose Scotty
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 59
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 10:54:44 PM »
     i applaud the efforts of all involved,  a very knowledgeable group to be sure.
It is far better to remain silent, and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:17:15 PM »

Offline Sagebrush Burns

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 11:20:06 PM »
Nicely done, Sir!   Thanks to all involved.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com