Author Topic: Classification of Colt 2nd gen '51 Navy  (Read 1461 times)

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Classification of Colt 2nd gen '51 Navy
« on: October 09, 2012, 02:24:21 PM »
I should also post this on the 'Colt' page for general info, particularly for Canuck subscribers .....

I just sold my 'Colt' 2nd Gen '51 to a pal. He was standing beside me when we did the transfer and I heard the agent tell him that the gun could be de-registered and classified as an 'antique'. I asked for the phone.

In 2003 when I bought the gun, I was given the same line. I argued but was assured that it could be done, and in due course received documentation to that effect.
Some time later, I received a phone call from the CFC saying that I had incorrectly applied to have a restricted firearm de-registered. I starightened them out really quick by quoting from the correspondence I had on file, and the gun was re-registered.

BUT - according to the CFC, the change was never logged into the registry despite the fact that I was issued a new certificate of registration! In the time I've owned it, it has always been an 'antique', according to the CFC data bank. We got that straightened out - again - saving the buyer the hassles I went through with an improperly documented restricted firearm.

Ain't it grand! Don't it inspire confidence in the system and bureaucrats? In the time it took to accomplish this, how many illegal guns have changed hands and how many gang-banger shootings have occurred? Only in Canada, you say ... ?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com